Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   August 2013~ weekly chat ~ 1/28-2/3 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486215)

stevensmom 01-28-2013 10:03 AM

August 2013~ weekly chat ~ 1/28-2/3

Didn't see one started so here it is! :)

QOTW: What do you enjoy to do during the summer? And are you still able to do it this summer?

RainandRedemption 01-28-2013 10:15 AM

Happy Monday :)

My favorite things to do in the summer are biking and going to the beach. I won't be able to bike quite as much this year, but I'll be at the beach as much as possible without going broke paying for gas :) next year it'll be harder with a newbie

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

stevensmom 01-28-2013 12:38 PM

Re: August 2013~ weekly chat ~ 1/28-2/3

AOTW: we love to spend time at our lake house every weekend. We just bought a new ski boat and I can't do any water sports this summer. But that's okay because I wouldn't trade :preggo: for anything.

momto2princesses 01-28-2013 12:59 PM

I am so excited for this summer. This is the first year that my kids will have the summer off (they were in a montessori school that was year round until this fall). I'm also only working 2 days a week now, so I'm so excited for some quality time with the kids. There will be lots of beach/pool/hiking, and other outdoor activities on our agenda!

kricket24 01-28-2013 02:11 PM

Yay for Monday! I'm 12 weeks today!

QOTW: I'm looking forward to lots of pool and in the sunshine time. I get SAD during the winter so when the sun comes out I can't wait to get out in it! I'll be HUGE but I don't care!! Have maternity swimsuit, will wear it, haha! At least until it doesn't fit anymore. We have a Six Flags less than 20 mins from our house so I'm excited to take my boys there too. Definitely want to do some fun stuff with them before the babies come because then I know after they're born we won't be going out as much for a while.

stevensmom 01-28-2013 02:14 PM

just had 2 homemade egg mcmuffins for lunch and it was good...but my tummy thinks otherwise :(

tomorrow I'm 10 weeks...furthest I've been w/o m/c

Andbabymakes2 01-28-2013 02:17 PM

I'm 10 wks today!
I'm sure we'll hang out at the library and just hang out at home most days. We have a pretty nice pool in town but that gets expensive and I'd have to leave little man with gma. There's no way I could keep eyes on both girls and keep him entertained. I'd really like to get a decent pool for the backyard so dh and I could enjoy as well. If dh gets some more side work that might be an option. I wouldn't mind going camping near my mom too. (she lives 3hrs from us) We've been camping when I was 7- 8m's pg with dd1 and dd2 in Michigan, but we won't do that again! lol
Most of our wknds will be spent working on our house, trying to get stuff done before the lo comes, plus gardening, and maybe a few trips to Kansas City to the zoo, or something fun up there.

Tris 01-28-2013 03:15 PM

I like swimming, I can still do it this summer :) hopefully. Has anyone swam pregnant before? Is it different?

AmberP 01-28-2013 03:18 PM

AOTW: I like staying out of the heat and taking a trip to Grandma's on the coast for the 4th of July. Chances are that we won't do that this year, as it is a 7 hour drive.

Monkeymamaof2 01-28-2013 05:32 PM

I will be 13wks tomorrow and I just had a very embarrassing thing happen to me. A little background before I start -I started feeling little flutters in my pelvic around 9wks and I could only notice in the evenings while laying down. I have also been battling IBS for the past few months (I haven't had an episode in 2 mos) About an hour ago the freakiest thing happened to me, I was sitting on all fours watching my computer and then all of a sudden something started turning inside of me in my lower left abdomen. My first thought was "Omg I'm about to have an episode" so I held my belly and ran to my Bf. I was freaking out and then it stopped after about 2 minutes. I was so confused but then my boyfriend asked me "Does it hurt?" And I told him "no it just feels like something is turning several times" And he asks "well is it the baby?" I was dumbfounded because I completely forgot I was pregnant :giggle2: (So keep in mind my last pregnancy was almost 5yrs ago so I don't remember any of the early stuff plus I was 20lbs heavier than what I am now.) I called my sister (she has a 1yr old) to tell her and she started lol telling me to relax and to remember I have a baby inside of me.
The sad part is I feel guilty for forgetting about he/she and just grabbing my belly to try to stop it as it was flipping. I couldn't have harmed anything, right? Why must I be so damn dingy :banghead: