Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Diaper Safari Insert? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486361)

Txladybug 01-28-2013 04:08 PM

Diaper Safari Insert?

Hi ladies! I'm looking for reviews on the new diaper safari inserts. I'm thinking about getting a few for use in the diaper bag with my grovia shells. I usually use my blueberry bamboo flats with my grovia shells, but I'm thinking the diaper safari inserts might be a little trimmer. Do they fold up small? How is the absorbency? Any info would be great! I'm thinking about trying a few since they are on sale! -Not that I need them...

mabelinoad 01-30-2013 06:09 PM

Bumping, I just got three in the mail and just by looking at them new, I'm in love. Prepping tomorrow, will come back after first use!

Ignore typos...probably nursing, typing with one finger on my left hand while wrangling two toddlers. yeah, I'm that good.

McDMom 01-30-2013 06:35 PM

Absorbency is great!! They are not trimmer than flats though but the stay dry is a plus. The edges do curl a bit but it never bothered me. Trifolded one way fits on medium and trifolded another direction fits on large. I havent tried the smallest rise setting in my Diaper Safari Covers.

Terra76 01-30-2013 06:39 PM

Re: Diaper Safari Insert?

Love them. Very absorbent! The bamboo does shrink leaving the suedecloth saggy but It doesn't bother me. I thought they would be trimmer than they are but they are still way trimmer than a prefold imo. Love that they have a stay dry layer. They do fit just fine in the cover on the smallest setting :goodvibes:

Txladybug 01-30-2013 07:03 PM

Re: Diaper Safari Insert?

Thanks ladies! I'm excited about the stay dry option. I may have to try out one of their covers to go with it...

Alikhlas 01-30-2013 07:20 PM

I got mine yesterday and don't actually love them like I thought I would. They are very floppy and the bamboo separates from the suede after prepping. They aren't sewn in the middle like flip organics or regular prefolds so the layers don't stay together and the edges don't lay flat unless you fiddle with them. On the pro side, they are very absorbent and trim, and the floppiness makes them even more trim. They are comparable in size to a medium pf so I'm not sure how well they'd fit a little one.

MothyrGrimm 01-30-2013 10:59 PM

Got mine today and tried them out! I like them a lot even though they do have seperate layers. Much trimmer than the prefolds we use and love that it's a natural fiber that's also stay dry!! I want more now. :) If anyone doesn't want theirs pm me!

Alikhlas 02-01-2013 03:07 PM

I'm still using mine and am thinking about maybe getting more after all to supplement pf for the new baby. She boingo pretty well and seem more comfy since they're softer and more flexible. The stay dry is great, I put them on when a slight rash appears and it usually fixes it right up (this is the only stay dry I have in my stash)