Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thrifty Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   So proud! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486819)

irishdancemomma 01-29-2013 08:41 PM

So proud!

I just went shopping for Feb groceries. I got groceries for the entire month of Feb for $141. This included dish soap, laundry soap, wipes, toiletries, fruits, veggies, meats, and dry/canned goods for the month. I also got bread, milk, and eggs for 2 weeks or so. This was my first time to ever use coupons so I'm feeling pretty good about myself. Lol! I even got free tuna, peanut butter, pudding, shampoo, deodorant, and a free pizza!

Mags462 01-29-2013 08:43 PM

Re: So proud!

Good job on the shopping...

And as a complete aside - your SN caught my attention! Who in your household irish dances? Ex championship dancer here :thumbsup:

happysmileylady 01-29-2013 09:08 PM

Awesome!! Coupons are great aren't they!

irishdancemomma 01-29-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mags462
Good job on the shopping...

And as a complete aside - your SN caught my attention! Who in your household irish dances? Ex championship dancer here :thumbsup:

Me actually, but I hope my son will someday (he is only 13 months now). I teach here in Oklahoma City.

Shellyluwho 01-29-2013 09:29 PM

That is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

rverrone11 01-29-2013 09:31 PM

Wow!

Do you just use frozen veggies? How do you get fruit for the whole month? About half of our grocery budget is spent on fresh fruit and veggies.

OurAllenBaby 01-30-2013 02:15 PM

:headscratch: How in the world do you buy fruit & veggies for a month?
I bought a bag of potatoes LAST WEEK that has already started sprouting
ETA: And spinach that is already getting funky....and the bananas were way overipe a few days ago...

irishdancemomma 01-30-2013 10:00 PM

I buy bagged spinach that will last me a few weeks (DH is not a fan). Clementines and apples will also last quite awhile. I've never had potatoes and carrots keep less than three weeks, but they will generally last the month. We also keep frozen peas, corn, and broccoli around. We will most likely go out and buy bananas along with the milk and such. Oh, and I bought strawberries to freeze for smoothies. We aren't huge veggie eaters around here, but we are trying to be better about it. :/

ETA - I suppose the spinach is usually gone in about two weeks.

OurAllenBaby 01-31-2013 12:15 PM

Maybe I just have bad luck with produce! My stuff seems to spoil so fast.

Mags462 01-31-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishdancemomma (Post 16223757)
Me actually, but I hope my son will someday (he is only 13 months now). I teach here in Oklahoma City.

Wait WHAT?! I am in the OKC metro :whistle:

Who do you teach for? I have mostly stayed away from the ID scene since my career ending injury back in 2004 but DS2 (he is about to turn 5) is ready to start lessons and i am currently contemplating where to send him.... any background nitty gritty on the local schools would be greatly appreciated! :thumbsup: (I danced in the DFW metro plex with a TX school when we moved here to OK while i was a teenager in 1998 - at the time there were no certified schools so we drove 3 hrs one way multiple times per week so i could dance! so i know little about what is now here in OK)