Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   UPDATE in OP :) Our dog is missing:( (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486821)

Antebellum 01-29-2013 08:43 PM

UPDATE in OP :) Our dog is missing:(

* NO FLAMES PLEASE*
Update:
Thanks to facebook we were made aware that someone spotted him and called animal control. Animal control was extremely nice when we went to pick him up and they seemed pretty happy to reunite us. So 25.00, lots of tears and a tank of gas later we have our boy back! Yay!

We live out in a rural area and our dog is allowed to go outside to potty and play h usually likes to hang out with the horse for a bit and roam our yard and my grandmothers adjacent (sp) pasture. No matter what he's doing he always comes when called and he stays inside all night every night and if the weather is crummy he stays in all day as well (only going out to use the potty). Today my grandmother saw him playing at 2 and when I called him at 2:45 he wouldn't come, I was a little worried but not too much. I got home tonight around 9:30 and he still wasn't home and wouldn't come when called :cry: I have contacted everyone near us and I am going to call animal control in the morning. SO drove around looking for him and I put a post on facebook asking anyone to call me if they find him. I am completely heartbroken. I love Sim he is so very special to me and I can't imagine not having him around. He means so much to me and I feel like a failure and a terrible mom for allowing him to be outside unattended. He is a one year old lab and he's neutered, He really is my buddy. I just want my dog home and I am worried he's lost in the woods or even worse injured. I know no one can help me I just wanted to vent and maybe hear stories of positive outcomes. I understand I shouldn't have allowed him to be unsupervised so please don't inform on what I did wrong. I feel bad enough.

PBAki 01-29-2013 08:46 PM

Re: Our dog is missing:(

You're not terrible; I hope he's safe and well! Hope you find him soon.

P!nkPepper 01-29-2013 08:47 PM

:hugs:
I hope he comes home soon.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k

weazieann 01-29-2013 08:50 PM

Hugs!
My moms dog was missing for 3 days, she got of the fence. One morning a lady was leaving to go to work and there she was curled up on her porch. She was about 3-5 miles from home and she had to cross a LOT of main roads and busy streets!

Good luck finding her!! :)

sojomisa 01-29-2013 08:54 PM

:hugs: I hope he comes home soon!

Chasing Zen 01-29-2013 09:02 PM

Hugs Mama! Hoping he makes his way home soon.

Antebellum 01-29-2013 10:16 PM

It's after midnight and he's still not home :cry: I can't stop crying and I just don't know what to do right now. I feel like one of my kids is missing.

Puppydog 01-29-2013 10:56 PM

No flames from me!

My old lady that passed recently escaped our property 3 times (3 different properties and we fixed the holes each time). I found her each time. First time a neighbour picked her up. Second time I found her running towards a main road! Third time she squeezed through a fence and into our neighbours house.

My boy escaped with her once and was found kilometres from our house 5 hours later by a security company.

I really hope to hear a good update from you soon. Is he wearing a collar with tags? If not, when he gets back, put a bright, reflective collar on him and some name tags.

My biggest fear is my dogs don't wear collars at home. If they get out its the microchip I have to rely on. The reason the don't wear collars (or in our case, harnesses) is because they play very rough and can get tangled. If that happens when I'm not home they can seriously injure themselves.

lilannies mama 01-29-2013 11:09 PM

Oh I'm so sorry I hope he comes back or you find him. We live on a farm so my dog roams the property also so I understand how it goes. He's out all day long so if he were to disappear it
Could've been any time during day. Is he
Neutered if not search where the girls are that's where I'd always find mine even after he was fixed. Keep us updated ill be thinking of you & your doggy

VinhThiMom 01-30-2013 05:36 AM

I hope he's come home by now. :hugs: