Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Bottombumpers for newborn? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487039)

dublinmom 01-30-2013 02:44 PM

Bottombumpers for newborn?

Anyone used the OS on a newborn? I saw a couple recs for the smalls on bigger newbies but haven't been able to find any info on the OS so any exprerience, thoughts, pics are appreciated :)

Kissed by the Moon 01-30-2013 03:17 PM

Re: Bottombumpers for newborn?

haven't personally but I know people that have used it with very small babies and have done well.

dublinmom 01-30-2013 06:36 PM

Thank you! Anyone else?

cinderella08 01-30-2013 07:02 PM

Sorry, no OS action shots - I had smalls and fit my 7lb newbie SO great!

swedishmermaid 01-30-2013 07:07 PM

I don't have pics, but I just got a couple OS for my 12-lb 6-week old. They fit great, and I'm actually on the second rise snap (not the smallest). Still a little 'bubble-butt-y' for my taste, but I'm sure that will lessen as he gets older. I like that they're narrow through the crotch, but haven't really put it to the test, absorbency-wise. I know my BGEs will hold a ton, but the bottombumpers is much smaller, not sure it will hold as much.

clover 01-30-2013 09:28 PM

My current newborn is almost 7wks and 13lbs... Both work on him at this point, but the smalls are much trimmer and just seem to fit better, so I'm not using the OS yet. He was 10.5lbs at birth and the smalls were awesome on him right from the start. I think especially if you will probably have an average size newborn (7-8lbs) the smalls are worth it. Even at 13lbs he still has a lot of room to grow in the smalls. :)

M&Lsmomma 01-30-2013 11:11 PM

I didn't get smalls until DD was close to 2mo old. She was 7lb13oz at birth. She's about to be turning 6mo old here and the smalls still fit her with a snap to go in the hip and two in the waist. LOVE Bottombumpers. But idk if I'd love the OS as much, I love them for their trimness.

dublinmom 01-31-2013 07:20 AM

Thank you all! I think I'm going to go back to my original plan and get smalls

FernHollow 01-31-2013 07:52 AM

Definitely gets smalls! They fit my son as soon as the cord was off until about 6 months when we switched to mediums. Mediums would last until PLing here, so it is great for a trim sized system.

txmommytobe 01-31-2013 08:21 AM

I don't have experience with them yet but I ordered smallish for my newbie. I used them on my older kids and they fit for a long !!