Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Feb chat for Feb Mamas!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487663)

Sarahknavy 02-01-2013 10:03 AM

Heck yeah! This is our month.

Let them out ladies, this month, everything will change!! Muahahaha

Ok :) enough silliness

My husband comes home tomorrow. The military arranged for him to be picked up at the airport but I think I am going to drive down to get him instead.

You Tell 'Em 02-01-2013 11:43 AM

:yay: Hubby has an interview on Tuesday for a promotion and we put an offer on a home yesterday, I'm hoping to hear back today and *fingers crossed* they choose our offer over others. It's an approved short sale so the price is the price regardless. It would be PERFECT for us, right price, space, close to hubby's work (10 mins away with traffic), and the elementary school is around the corner and the top in the district (I wouldn't have to HS DD#1 next year :lostit:). I'm more anxious about the house so it's keeping my mind off of baby/labor. :giggle:

Sarahknavy 02-01-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by You Tell 'Em
:yay: Hubby has an interview on Tuesday for a promotion and we put an offer on a home yesterday, I'm hoping to hear back today and *fingers crossed* they choose our offer over others. It's an approved short sale so the price is the price regardless. It would be PERFECT for us, right price, space, close to hubby's work (10 mins away with traffic), and the elementary school is around the corner and the top in the district (I wouldn't have to HS DD#1 next year :lostit:). I'm more anxious about the house so it's keeping my mind off of baby/labor. :giggle:

That sounds great! Hope it all works out

You Tell 'Em 02-01-2013 04:35 PM

Re: Feb chat for Feb Mamas!!!

Well the listing changed to "pending sale" and our agent has a feeling they didn't pick us since they have several cash offers and back up offers. :banghead: The interesting part is the home we bought before (and sold back in June), it was similar. They accepted a cash offer and had another and both couldn't prove funds so ours was accepted. I'm hoping that's the case for this one, if not, then we are going to have to find a new agent anyhow... he isn't the best with communication (despite saying otherwise) and still hasn't updated our search, after several emails/calls/etc asking to.

On the baby/labor front, I've been a little crampy today. Mostly when I'm up and walking around, I've been trying to get all the laundry done and plan to start DD#2's diaper laundry when our regular stuff is done. I'm not having any consistent contractions but baby does seem to not be (as) active as before, much lower (and in a ball) when I stand up, so who knows. I wish I had the inspiration to get started on the unpaper towels I've been planning on making, to help pass the time. (I was hoping the good news on the home would kick my butt into gear in starting to cut/serge them up).

The Fancy Pansy 02-01-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarahknavy (Post 16234270)
Heck yeah! This is our month.

Let them out ladies, this month, everything will change!! Muahahaha

Ok :) enough silliness

My husband comes home tomorrow. The military arranged for him to be picked up at the airport but I think I am going to drive down to get him instead.

How exciting!! :yay:

Quote:

Originally Posted by You Tell 'Em (Post 16234769)

I pray everything turns out exactly how it's supposed to!!

AFM: Every time a BH hits I sit here thinking "PLEASE be a real one!" And then *sigh* Ah well.

You Tell 'Em 02-01-2013 05:00 PM

So I've been a little crampy today, mostly when I'm up and walking around. About 5-10 mins ago I had a BH with some cramping and I wanted to cry, not because it hurt but because I don't think this is the time (that labor would start)... and low and behold, another BH just started (no cramping though). I think I'm gonna switch the laundry and lay down with DD#2 and try and nap.

I already texted my doula and photographer since I feel like I should, just in case, but I don't think anything will come of it. :blush:

abunchoflemons 02-02-2013 08:04 AM

Don't lay downgo for a walk at a store or mark... Helped me with my two so far. Hope things come our ok fire hubby coming home and finding house. I know housE stupid can be anxious. Cash is more appealing sorry.....

I have had on & off cramps for few weeks but nothing that turns out to become regular. Hope ob will be here when baby comes as all went smoother when ob was here than not. 4cm & 50%......

Girl scout cookies....aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh........

mrsbesky 02-02-2013 12:29 PM

Ive been crampy, but not feeling good hard contractions. We have 4" of snow and are supposed to get another 10" by tomorrow morning. DH is a little worried that she will want to come in the middle of the night when roads are covered, lol.

So, do you stop BH contractions or try to keep them going in hopes of them turning into real ones? I can't decide which to do.

btw, midwife said tuesday that i'm only 2cm but 70%. so I'm hoping the 70% will lead the way. lol

oh and Yay for your Dh getting home, and good luck the house to the other mama

You Tell 'Em 02-02-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsbesky (Post 16239068)
So, do you stop BH contractions or try to keep them going in hopes of them turning into real ones? I can't decide which to do.

I've had a couple BH today along with the cramping but I'm not up and walking around trying to make them turn into real ones... I'm tired :blush: and could use some more sleep, especially if they turned into real ones, last thing I want is to start labor and already be tired :giggle: To be honest, I wanna wait until my EDD before actively trying to start labor (unless this LO has other ideas).

Steph Ed 02-02-2013 01:38 PM

Hey ladies! I had our LO yesterday....Gonna post a thread with some pics :)