Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Oct (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   What are you eating?! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487843)

Nickel+3 02-01-2013 07:11 PM

What are you eating?!

Can't get enough of cabbage right now. It's just soo good! I'm sure next week when I hit 6 weeks, I won't want to eat anything, so I'm indulging as long as I can!

ciles 02-01-2013 09:02 PM

Re: What are you eating?!

So far I just "crave" protein I guess? I'm trying to eat healthier though.

BeccaSueCongdon 02-02-2013 01:52 AM

I bought a fridge full of "paleo-esque" foods. Meats, produce, healthy days. But I'm not necessarily doing paleo. Just wanted to focus on lean protein and produce, and save grains for once a day for a while to see how I feel. I'm starting the pregnancy much heavier than my other two and I'm nervous about gaining too much weight. Gained 60 with both my other kids.

Anna0623 02-03-2013 09:22 PM

Im craving all the unhealthy foods i gave up to help lower my cholesterol. We ate take out 3x this weekend when we normally only eat out once. All because of me. dd was actually upset when we set dinner infront of her. the look of disgust on her face and her immediate im not eating this junk, made me feel bad.we normally eat panera bread soup and salad or another restaurant and soup and salad. I will try to be better about controlling my cravings.

so_blessed 02-04-2013 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anna0623 (Post 16244538)
Im craving all the unhealthy foods i gave up to help lower my cholesterol. We ate take out 3x this weekend when we normally only eat out once. All because of me. dd was actually upset when we set dinner infront of her. the look of disgust on her face and her immediate im not eating this junk, made me feel bad.we normally eat panera bread soup and salad or another restaurant and soup and salad. I will try to be better about controlling my cravings.

Yeah, same here. During the past year, I completely changed my eating habits and was developing a taste for healthy foods and I had been drinking fresh veggie and fruit juice blends almost daily. And now all I want to eat is cheese and BAD carbs (pasta and tortillas)!! I am still trying to eat my veggies, but sometimes I just can't stomach them. Even a pear didn't sit well with me!! How am I supposed to get all the nutrients that my baby and I BOTH need if I can't stomach healthy foods? :confused:

cormama 02-04-2013 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by so_blessed

Yeah, same here. During the past year, I completely changed my eating habits and was developing a taste for healthy foods and I had been drinking fresh veggie and fruit juice blends almost daily. And now all I want to eat is cheese and BAD carbs (pasta and tortillas)!! I am still trying to eat my veggies, but sometimes I just can't stomach them. Even a pear didn't sit well with me!! How am I supposed to get all the nutrients that my baby and I BOTH need if I can't stomach healthy foods? :confused:

Ugh, same here :/. Fruit just does not seem appealing :(. I made baked ziti the other night and seriously could have eaten the whole (small) pan if my DH hadn't stopped me!
I've been making egg and bagel sandwiches in the morning to at least get me some protein.

bebeboy03 02-04-2013 08:51 AM

I just lost 17 lbs worth of old baby weight right before I found out I was preggo. I'm still trying to eat right and exercise. My go to breakfast so far has been yogurt smoothies. Homemade plain yogurt with frozen fruit and sometimes some chia seeds.

But I agree with you all, its been a struggle for about a week now.

Queensasha17 02-04-2013 08:57 AM

im 20 weeks and have been going bananas for strawberries! I cannot get enough of them! Also milk, I drink like a half gallon every 2 days. :giggle2:

Anna0623 02-04-2013 08:12 PM

Im thankful to see im not the only one craving unhealthy foods. I did much better today. Dd was thankful to have a half healthy dinner tonight. We had turkey hamburgers with pepers and tomatoes in them on multi grain bread. Asian veggies and a green starwberry blueberry smoothie.

so_blessed 02-04-2013 08:23 PM

I'm doing better weaning my baby on to healthier foods too. I bought a kale and apple juice today (even though my usual ginger is good for MS and a host of other things, I skipped it because the flavor is so strong and I am already having a hard time drinking my juices), I made my favorite zucchini dish for the second time this week and felt good about it, even if it does have cheese, and even if I ate it with tortillas and Spanish rice. I also learned that this baby doesn't mind eating raw zucchini, which I am not too fond of normally. I thought that was a big success. I'm still not crazy about it, but I found the flavor to be very mild, and weirdly enough, almost like a carrot, but muted flavor. With the right dip, I think I could make it into a healthy pregnancy staple. So, that's easing my concern. I have not been protein-minded (unless you count cheese, lol), and it's really weird because I have been REALLY into beans in the last year, and now I don't crave them, nor do I mind them. But I'm eating a LOT less. And since I'm practically vegetarian, if this continues, I'm gonna have to intervene. I already scold my baby for her (yes, I seem to have decided she's a girl) bad eating habits. lol