Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2011 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   August '11 - February chat (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487878)

smblake 02-01-2013 08:26 PM

August '11 - February chat

New month ladies!

I was thinking we could try a QOTW to get everyone chatting again, so...

QOTW - how do you and your dh/so celebrate valentines day?

smblake 02-01-2013 08:31 PM

I'll start, dh and I actually think valentines day is kinda dumb, I'm not sure we've ever gone out on actual feb 14th but we do try to remind each other about all the little things we love about each other and 'us' throughout the month.

So I guess for that reason, I'm thankful for valentines day, just keeps love on the mind.

In other news, has anybody ever gotten pregnant ovulating VERY late in a cycle. I am 3dpo and ovulated on cd38, whoa! I think I'm kind of nervous that if we did succeed that something will go wrong. I normally o between cd18 to cd22, and I didn't notice my body gearing up and failing during this cycle, just took forever for fertile signs to come. Any input would awesome.

mommabritt 02-01-2013 08:47 PM

Wow it's February! Moving quickly already.

Dh and I don't really celebrate valentines day. We may get one another a card, or may not, but there's no pressure for anything extra because of the date. Maybe we make a little extra effort to fit some lovin' in after the kiddos are in bed. :heyhey:

Side note, I know nothing about fertility cycles. Sad but true.

Andbabymakes2 02-01-2013 10:06 PM

Re: August '11 - February chat

I'll have to get back to this later,just want to sub for now.

mommabritt 02-02-2013 05:28 AM

Wow. Dd was up at 5am with a bad dream (I assume since she was so upset and kept saying 'scared!'). We are now sitting under blankets on the couch, eating Cheerios and watching Winnie the Pooh on Disney channel to say quiet. Snuggling in my bed, rocking in her room, walking around, and reading books wasn't doing it. Not to mention, our heater shut off last night and we were FREEZING. When we finally got it back on it was 51 in the house. :( It's warm now....thank goodness.

Dh just left for duty. He'll be back tomorrow morning. Today is supposed to be 'Mom Rules!' day per the kids. We're going swimming (indoor), making homemade pizza croissants for dinner, renting a movie, and camping out in the living room. And I'm sure filling the rest of the day with chaotic fun and nonsense. The only thing I must get done is the laundry. The pile is shameful....I've been extremely busy the last four days. Oh well.

katengrace 02-02-2013 06:39 AM

That sounds fun Britt! OMG Brynn woke up at exactly 5 this morning too...never does that. I put her in bed with me and she slept until 7:45. It's cold here so I enjoyed it!

As far as Valentine's Day goes we don't really do anything special. Dh usually gets me something like flowers or small jewelry. I don't ask for it, just something he's always done.

My last 2 babies are a result of ovulating late. I have funky cycles...some crazy long. That's why my due date with Brynn had to be determined by u/s. If I remember correctly I ovulated around cd 35. I remember my lmp was September 23, but my due date was August 25.

mommabritt 02-02-2013 06:47 AM

Has anyone done a hair cut yet? I trimmed Harpers last night. It growing just fine but the parts that grow right behind her ears and hang in the back were SO long and looked funny unless they were pulled into piggy tails, like two inches longer than The rest of her hair at her neck. So not an official 'cut' really but an evening up. It's a huge improvement.

smblake 02-02-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katengrace

My last 2 babies are a result of ovulating late. I have funky cycles...some crazy long. That's why my due date with Brynn had to be determined by u/s. If I remember correctly I ovulated around cd 35. I remember my lmp was September 23, but my due date was August 25.

Oh that brings me a lot of hope! My dd with Mary was aug 26 and my lmp was nov 13 and I didn't ovulate until about cd20, thank you for sharing. I am officially 3dpo and praying for a bfp in a week or so :)

mommabritt 02-02-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smblake

Oh that brings me a lot of hope! My dd with Mary was aug 26 and my lmp was nov 13 and I didn't ovulate until about cd20, thank you for sharing. I am officially 3dpo and praying for a bfp in a week or so :)

Ooooh I will pray with you! FOR you I mean, not me. :giggle:

katengrace 02-02-2013 10:46 AM

No hair cut here...not enough hair yet.

I know why Brynn woke up at 5...ear infection. New antibiotics and a referral to an ENT. :(

I'll be praying for you Melissa..keep us posted!