Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Adoption and Foster Care (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=152)
-   -   February/March Chat Thread (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488149)

FindingMercy 02-02-2013 07:54 PM

February/March Chat Thread

It's February!

For us that means counting down the days until TPR on biodad. He texted biomom and let her know that he decided he's not the father. :headscratch: Not sure how you just "decide" that. Part of me is rejoicing because that means he won't contest the adoption. The other part of me is a little sad because that means we won't be able to have any kind of open adoption agreement with him and we have to figure out what to tell Abraham some day. I'm much more excited than sad though.

So two weeks from Tuesday we will be throwing a party. :lostit:

becca jean 02-03-2013 04:57 PM

Re: February Chat Thread

I don't know where else to post this. I feel like I'm having a midlife crisis at 30, lol. I want to have kids more than anything. I've looked into private/agency adoption and it'll take me another year or two to get my money together to be able to afford it. I've thought about looking into adopting from children services again. I'm also going to talk to my doctor about artificial insemination. I have PCOS and would probably have to go back on clomid for that type of procedure to be successful. The catch is is that I'm single. I got divorced three years ago. My dream of being a mom is still there and it's really been nagging at me lately. I know that I'd be a single parent and it doesn't bother me a whole lot. I have a great support system but my dream is to be a SAHM but I would have to work to survive if I have a child on my own. I would love to have a man to share my life with and build a loving family home with but at times I think what if that doesn't happen and I've missed my chance to be a mom. On the other hand I dream of having a huge family with an awesome husband. I don't know if I should keep pursing my mommy dreams or wait and see if a man comes into my life. It sucks, life can be so complicated at times!!!

Mama2ManyBoyz 02-04-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by becca jean (Post 16243838)
I don't know where else to post this. I feel like I'm having a midlife crisis at 30, lol. I want to have kids more than anything. I've looked into private/agency adoption and it'll take me another year or two to get my money together to be able to afford it. I've thought about looking into adopting from children services again. I'm also going to talk to my doctor about artificial insemination. I have PCOS and would probably have to go back on clomid for that type of procedure to be successful. The catch is is that I'm single. I got divorced three years ago. My dream of being a mom is still there and it's really been nagging at me lately. I know that I'd be a single parent and it doesn't bother me a whole lot. I have a great support system but my dream is to be a SAHM but I would have to work to survive if I have a child on my own. I would love to have a man to share my life with and build a loving family home with but at times I think what if that doesn't happen and I've missed my chance to be a mom. On the other hand I dream of having a huge family with an awesome husband. I don't know if I should keep pursing my mommy dreams or wait and see if a man comes into my life. It sucks, life can be so complicated at times!!!

Unless you have an active plan for finding someone to spend your life with...I would move ahead with foster care. You could be a huge help to kids in need while you figure out where you are headed in life. You may luck out and get a forever child. That's what I would do if I were you....all while praying that God brings me someone to spend my life with. (hopefully that someone will love and accept any forever children you add along the way) ;)

~*~Sunflower~*~ 02-04-2013 03:11 PM

FM - excited for you! :)

Rebecca- I know it is easy for me to say, as I have a lot of children, but... you have time! :) I had my last at 38 & my Dr actually told me that most of his pregnant patients were older than me! I have a high risk of birth defects, including down's, but my testing came back with levels that they see in 25 yr old patients! I, personally, as a Christian, would say to pray,pray,pray & focus on building your life & healing your health issues & absolutely consider foster care. A wonderful woman in our church thought she would never marry & decided to foster - now she & her new husband are adopting her foster kids. :)

As for me, We still have no placements. So far we have lost out on 7 month old twins, younger twins & a 2 week old singleton. Frustrated! I recall it taking a long time with our last agency, but I did not expect it this time!

FindingMercy 02-04-2013 04:34 PM

Biomom is 2 months pregnant again. She's debating what to do...

looking8186 02-04-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FindingMercy (Post 16248129)
Biomom is 2 months pregnant again. She's debating what to do...

Oh man mama! Craziness.... Would you guys consider adopting this lo if she decides to put the baby up for adoption? :hugs:

looking8186 02-04-2013 04:45 PM

So ladies I am now officially licensed to foster 2 kiddos ages infant and toddler! We are just waiting for a call :) I'm honestly surprised that I haven't gotten called yet. We've been licensed for a little over a week but my family resource worker is on vacation and, much to my chagrin, has noted that I am not to be called about a placement without the sw first getting her approval :headscratch: Yeah... Not thrilled about that one! We'll see what happens though.

FindingMercy 02-04-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by looking8186

Oh man mama! Craziness.... Would you guys consider adopting this lo if she decides to put the baby up for adoption? :hugs:

Absolutely. She knows that too. We would want to keep the siblings together.

Mama2ManyBoyz 02-04-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FindingMercy (Post 16248211)
Absolutely. She knows that too. We would want to keep the siblings together.

I don't get it. Do you? Birth control? Why do they put themselves through this repeatedly. :(

FindingMercy 02-04-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama2ManyBoyz (Post 16248354)
I don't get it. Do you? Birth control? Why do they put themselves through this repeatedly. :(

It's hard to understand. The dad of this baby is the dad of her youngest that she's parenting right now. She loves him. Wants to be with him. He says he will stick around this time, but he disappeared and hasn't helped much at all with her now 3-year-old.

I'm really not sure why she isn't on birth control. She was told to not have any more children as her pregnancies are continually higher risk with each one.