Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Please help me get her in her crib!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488537)

Mayghan 02-04-2013 08:35 AM

Please help me get her in her crib!!

My daughter is almost 3 months and her sleeping habits are getting worst so I need to nip them in the butt now!
During the day she will only sleep in her swing when its moving, in bed up against me, in a wrap or in her carseat when were out and about. At night she sleeps against me, has to have her face against my boob and if I move even a millimeter she wakes up and wants to eat again, I feed her laying down so I can go back to sleep and that's the only way she'll stay asleep.

I'm ready to get her out of my bed, I don't sleep well and I HATE cosleeping, I know alot of people love it but its just not for me. So please help. There's a bed in her bedroom so I can be close, I'm also thinking of moving the rocking chair in her room (currently in our room). Also what's a good time to get her to bed? I know I'll have at least a week of very little sleep but I'm willing to do it to get this under control. Also do I tackle naptime first or night time first? We are on the go quite a bit with a 7 and 5 year old so not sure how that will affect things?

Babybird4 02-04-2013 09:07 AM

I would tackle bedtime first, then work on naps. You are right, it might be a week or so of no sleep but you just have to bite the bullet. I am not a fan of cosleeping either...I can't rest and neither can baby if Im restless. I wouldn't sleep in her room bc she will still sense that you are there and want to be closer. I would nurse once or twice at set times that you think she might really be hungry otherwise, comfort her and then leave. I always think it is going to be worse than it actually ends up being when we have to do it. We tend to back track when they are sick or something like that and have to "re-train" them to sleep on their own. Good luck!

April, mommy to Haylea (8/18/09), Hannah (5/22/11) and baby Hogan (12/12/12) *sent from my iPhone*

Mayghan 02-04-2013 09:28 AM

Re: Please help me get her in her crib!!

Do you stay in the room until shes calm? Pick her up to calm her? She'll cry laying there....

Mayghan 02-07-2013 06:58 PM

Any other advice? Im starting this next weekend

sandy_dandy 02-07-2013 07:28 PM

I liked the No Cry Sleep Solution book by Pantley. Good tips!

vmomma 02-07-2013 07:46 PM

I lay my baby in the crib, say goodnight, and walk out. If she starts crying, I give her a minute, then go back and rub her back. I don't talk to her, or pick her up. I then walk out of the room again. I repeat this process until she's asleep. I would prefer not to co-sleep either, and I would like my baby to self sooth. I don't like hearing her cry, but I don't leave her for long, and she falls asleep quickly.

Good luck, mama. Sleep is an on-going struggle around here. I co-slept with my 3 year old, and she's still in the bed with us. I have spent countless hours putting her to bed. The back and forth soothing, has taken so much of my free time, and I'm trying to do it differently with this baby!

Happy Mommax4 02-07-2013 08:03 PM

I second the no cry sleep solution, used it w all of our three youngest. we did do it much later w them though-like 20 months. I highly suggest reading it prior to starting, good luck!

tibeca 02-08-2013 11:01 AM

Limiting nursing isn't the situation here, so be careful to not try to stop her from nursing at night. She is much too young to be limiting nursing sessions. What you need is new sleep associations so she can rest well in her own crib, as opposed to in your bed. I third (or maybe 4th, didn't count) the "No Cry Sleep Solution."

Vegan Princess 02-08-2013 11:24 AM

Subbing. My 4 month old not only wants to be latched on all night but she keeps unlatching, turning her head and stretching her arms and trying to relatch herself - but needs help or often ends up sucking on the wrong area. Over and over and over and over. I am driven batty by morning. I used to be able to move her to our sidecarred crib and have her sleep there for a good 5-6 hour stretch and then was able to move her back the next 2 times she woke to nurse. But now I have very little success moving her away from me and when i do, it doesn't last very long. I feel your pain! I have no clue what to do though. I did read the no-cry sleep solution with my first and it didn't work for us. Perhaps I will re-read in hopes that it will work on this one bc she is younger and maybe has a dif personality. Something HAS to change though!

Cindy

Vegan Princess 02-08-2013 11:24 AM

Subbing. My 4 month old not only wants to be latched on all night but she keeps unlatching, turning her head and stretching her arms and trying to relatch herself - but needs help or often ends up sucking on the wrong area. Over and over and over and over. I am driven batty by morning. I used to be able to move her to our sidecarred crib and have her sleep there for a good 5-6 hour stretch and then was able to move her back the next 2 times she woke to nurse. But now I have very little success moving her away from me and when i do, it doesn't last very long. I feel your pain! I have no clue what to do though. I did read the no-cry sleep solution with my first and it didn't work for us. Perhaps I will re-read in hopes that it will work on this one bc she is younger and maybe has a dif personality. Something HAS to change though!

Cindy