Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Transverse at 25+ weekes? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488554)

Leiiki 02-04-2013 08:22 AM

Transverse at 25+ weekes?

Anyone had a transverse baby this far along? My midwife has been in practice for many years and says she's never seen this before. The baby is sitting pretty much straight across my abdomen, head on my left side. Because of this, I went from measuring several weeks ahead (25w at 22w) to measuring quite far behind (21w at 25w).

Her advice was to think "turning" thoughts and do gentle tummy massage when baby is active - basically lightly pushing clockwise to encourage her to move head down. Any other suggestions or advice?

If it makes a difference, I have an anterior placenta.

FernHollow 02-04-2013 08:27 AM

Re: Transverse at 25+ weekes?

I had this happen with my 4th. He was stubbornly transverse and then would flip to breech. I had a c/s with my 3rd for breech and I didn't want to risk losing my VBAC chance, so we went to a chiropractor that specializes in pregnancy and to an accupuncturist. He was transverse at times up until 35 weeks which is a really big deal from what I understand, but when we went and saw the chiro at that point he flipped down that day. He would try at times to flip back the wrong way and after another adjustment he would go back head down. It took a couple adjustments to get him to stay. He was born at home, healthy as can be at 41 weeks :) You have plenty of time, but I would definitely look into a chiro NOW as it is easier to fix any sacrum and round ligament issues that may be preventing baby to get into the right position.

mibarra 02-04-2013 09:12 AM

DD2 was transverse until 1 week before I delivered. So like 38 weeks. Then she turned. My birthing class recommended spending time on all fours, or on your knees with chest resting on a birthing ball so your abdomen is horizontal, everyday for 30 minutes to an hour to let gravity open up the space so baby could turn. :)

canadianbakers 02-04-2013 09:47 AM

Levi was transverse at 26 weeks still, I can remember laying on the couch in the evenings, talking to him in my head, telling him to get head down. He did after a while.
Hiccup was transverse at that point to, even up to 28 weeks. He's now head down, I think (hope!).

Kiliki 02-04-2013 09:52 AM

you can try putting a frozen pack of peas (or something similar) right above where the baby's head is and slowly moving it down a little bit at a time. Let it make your belly REALLY cold. Babies don't like the cold and will try to move away from it. If you do it in the right direction, you might be able to get the baby to move head-down.

We did this with my last pregnancy. It was pretty late in the game (I wanna say like 32 wks?) and baby was head up - head under the ribs, feet in my hips. (don't remember which side.) We used something frozen and moved her head down. She flipped back one more time, we did it again and then she stayed the right way till birth. :)

You can try it. It's non-invasive and can't hurt you and the baby, so I'd def try something like that before anything more drastic.

SaraElise 02-04-2013 01:03 PM

Mine were all still transverse at 24 weeks, I don't remember exactly when they turned, but they were all head down at least a few weeks before I went into labor (38, 36 and 37 weeks)

doulamomma 02-04-2013 01:12 PM

Check out spinningbabies.com

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DS Forum

Kiliki 02-04-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doulamomma (Post 16247228)
Check out spinningbabies.com

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DS Forum

definitely this.

And! Try a chiro adjustment, too. Just thought of that. Maybe something is out of whack with you and your baby is having trouble turning as a result? Just a thought. It might not help, but it couldn't hurt! :)

Lisathena 02-05-2013 12:30 PM

I am curious to see what this baby is right now, he/she feels transverse and was at 18 weeks...i know alot can change but movements are in the same areas still...feel nothing at top which is different. But i wont even worry about it till closer to 37 weeks :)

Lisathena 02-05-2013 12:30 PM

Oh and i am 25 weeks baby #5 (so i think my uterus is streachy! LOL)