Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What was your first reaction when you got your positive pregnacy test? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488801)

mommytobe2013 02-04-2013 06:58 PM

What was your first reaction when you got your positive pregnacy test?

What was your first reaction? For me I still dont know why I took the test because my period wasn't due for a couple of days, we werent even trying to concieve I just had the extra test from a previous time. I took the test (my fiance was still at work at it was just me at home) and saw 2 line, I kind of freaked out a little because I wasnt expecting it at all! I ran and got in the car and drove up to my moms house who lives a few houses from us, I ran into her house without even knocking and held the pregnancy test out and asked DOES THIS HAVE TWO LINES????!!!!???? lol my fiance wasnt very happy because he wasnt the first to know but i finally made him realize I was in complete shock when I saw two lines, if I could redo it he would defintley be the first to know :)

Tina5834 02-04-2013 08:20 PM

#1- complete shock and I cried, so did my mom and dad (I was 16)

#2, #3, and #4 - complete shock with tears of joy!

#5- I couldn't believe what I was seeing because it was our first month trying. I ran out and bought a 5 pack of digis!

joeslittlewoman 02-04-2013 09:16 PM

With my first 4 pregnancies, jumping up and down joy. I usually tested at like 6am when I had to pee after sleeping. I think I said something along the lines of "good morning daddy" one of those times to wake my hubby up with the news.

With my 5th (2nd successful pregnancy), I just texted him "guess no more caffeine". Thought he would catch on, but he didn't. Had to explain it.

With my 6th pregnancy I didn't believe my eyes. Went and bought a different test, then just kind of stood there shaking and laughing in disbelief. When hubby came home I had ds2 in his ds1's "big brother" shirt and the typical "bun" in the oven, which I asked him to check on.

With this pregnancy, gosh, I can't remember...have to ask hubby.

ktmelody 02-04-2013 09:28 PM

Certain choice words I cant say on diaperswappers... ;)

Not for all of them though. Lmao

Namiko 02-04-2013 09:34 PM

Re: What was your first reaction when you got your positive pregnacy test?

My hands were shaking. . . Crawled back in bed and told my DH who was immediately wide awake

mibarra 02-04-2013 09:39 PM

My first reaction is always a giddy smile. My second reaction is always "Oh c**p what did we do?!?" ;)

cdeweese 02-04-2013 10:02 PM

#1 SOO excited, we lost two previously but couldn't help it :)
#2 Scared, I was 3 months PP and had a very traumatic induction. I was also scheduled for gallbladder removal.
#3 Surprisingly excited and really giddy :) We had lost a pregnancy 2 months prior and decided not to try right away. I really thought we might be done for a while

mommajewels 02-05-2013 05:56 AM

#1, 2, 3, and 4 were all planned and I was extremely excited.
#5 was very unexpected; I had been on the IUD.. it fell out and my midwife told us to use a back up method of BC until my period started then to come in and she would put a new IUD in. We used a back up method (condoms) but my period never came. I was still super excited and happy, though.
#6 took some warming up to... to be honest. We were preventing, Ortho Tri Cyclen. We went camping in the middle of June and I was so stressed to make sure I remembered everything for 5 kids.... turns out the only things I forgot were the can opener and my BC pills. :/ So I went 4 days with no BC pills... and we obviously weren't careful enough. I took a pregnant test the beginning of July and it was positive. Between the fact we had recently decided our family was complete, Dh was planning to get a Vasectomy, and I had been working hard all summer to lose weight which resulted in a 50lb weight loss... I admit, I was very shocked and numb at first. I remember looking at the pregnancy test, and I know this sounds awful.. but all I could think was, "I finally have all the kids out of diapers for the first time since LO1 was born, (5 kids in 6 years) I've worked so hard all summer to get back in shape, we finally felt complete and M was going to get a Vasectomy......... this has to be some sort of sick joke." :/

However... we're now 4/5 weeks from meeting her and we are all SOOO excited and wouldn't change it for the world. ;)

SaraElise 02-05-2013 06:02 AM

So excited I was practically shaking with pregnancies, 1, 3, 4, and 5. #2 I sobbed.

I did not think we were ready for another baby (#1 was only 5 months old and I was already 6 weeks pregnant) BUT he's been the biggest blessing in our lives, I laugh now thinking about how worried I was!

newcdmommy29 02-05-2013 06:54 AM

#1-excited/shocked- it only took 1 month to get pregnant (I have PCOS) we lost that baby at 12 weeks.

#2-excited/worried about miscarriage-we lost that baby at 7 weeks.

#3-OVERJOYED-it took over a year to get pregnant. DD is 19 months old now. No worry about miscarriage. It's like I "knew" this baby would be healthy. :)

#4-tears of joy/nervous-It only took a month of ntnp to et pregnant this time. I thought it was going to take 3-4 years again before a successful pregnancy. I wasn't nervous about miscarriage this time. Like last time. I'm 21 weeks pregnant now. :)