Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Head butts to the cervix. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488992)

MyM&W 02-05-2013 12:01 PM

Head butts to the cervix.

I don't remember either of my other children doing this. But this child is seriously head butting or punching me in the cervix. Shea been heads down the entire pregnancy so far (21w). It is the oddest, grossest feeling ever. Fluttering inside the vagina is just so weird to me. I really don't like it and it makes me worry she will shorten my cervix doing that..she hardly makes any movements anywhere else that I feel (anterior placenta). Anyone else have a baby who enjoys bouncing off the cervix? Haha.

canadianbakers 02-05-2013 12:32 PM

Re: Head butts to the cervix.

A couple of mine have, and Hiccup likes to every few days - lovely, isn't it?!
FWIW, I've never had any cervical changes from it until labor started, so I wouldn't worry too much about that unless you have a history of incompetent cervix or preterm labor.

If baby is head down, it often is them turning their head back and forth, which grinds/rubs on the cervix. It's a strange, not-so-pleasant feeling!

Kiliki 02-05-2013 12:37 PM

yea, I've had this feeling with all of mine, all throughout pregnancy... but it's typically the worst at the very end of each pregnancy, as labor approaches.

The closer I get to labor, the worse it feels. So the couple days leading up to birth, every step I take is a head smash to my cervix. OW! So, I waddle AND I am trying to walk softly... which just doesn't work, really.

EmilytheStrange 02-05-2013 02:39 PM

oh yeah... baby has been breech and kicks so low and must be hitting nerves.. I've expected a foot to pop out several times :) it's very weird feeling to have all the movements and kicks down there.

I don't think it will harm anything.. it's just how they're sitting and the nerves and such that they're kicking/headbutting.

karlitacat 02-05-2013 02:54 PM

Same here! She's been head down for a while so I think it's just her head moving around, but who knows where her hands go. It feels weird - sometimes it stings! - but it's all par for the course. Not sure which I hate more - that or the jabs to the ribs. :P

leyash 02-05-2013 03:07 PM

yeah, i feel movements right above my pubic bone. literally, right above my pubic bone. some of the movements feel like they are ON my pubic bone. not comfortable, at all. in fact, sometimes i will softly nudge to get him to stop. it tickles/hurts all at the same time. :/

lynn97 02-05-2013 09:28 PM

My first did this and it was very unpleasant. He didn't do it until the last 4-6 weeks, though (as best I can recall). This little peanut is still way too little to do it at 14 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum