Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non Traditional Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=221)
-   -   Singles and valentines... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1489143)

nothingtosee 02-05-2013 06:14 PM

Singles and valentines...

If you're a single mama, how do you plan on celebrating Valentine's day this year? Will you be celebrating at all?
For me, after I get out of class I'll be gone at a women's get together at the church for a few hours, but that still leaves me all evening to fume about being single. :giggle:

Huxley 02-05-2013 07:01 PM

Re: Singles and valentines...

I think I'll cook myself a romantic dinner and share it with the dog, or I'll go bother my parents. I'm very happily single though. I pity those married people with all their sharing and compromise.

nothingtosee 02-05-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huxley (Post 16253341)
I think I'll cook myself a romantic dinner and share it with the dog, or I'll go bother my parents. I'm very happily single though. I pity those married people with all their sharing and compromise.

:rofl2: I'm usually a pretty darn happy single person, but sometimes it gets to me, and I start wishing there was a warm body nearby that I could use,

Huxley 02-06-2013 10:44 AM

I have a nursing baby so I am usually all touched out, but I imagine I'll eventually miss having a significant other. I secretly hope I never miss having a man around and stay single forever though.

karlitacat 02-06-2013 11:10 AM

I'm married, but I still like to capitalize on making my kids feel special. I remember my mom giving us treat bags when we were little and it was a lot of fun. A couple years ago I bought mini mailboxes at Target and decorated them for the kiddos, filling them with a few treats. This year I included jelly beans, bubble bath and handmade name bracelets. I'll also be doing some crafts and baking with them. I like to indulge in a bit of dark chocolate myself, and if it were just me, I'd probably splurge on a nice meal or go out with a friend if I could.

Huxley 02-06-2013 04:05 PM

I think when my daughter is older we can make valentines day really special. I'd love to hit up the dollar store and decorate the house, have a dinner like make your own pizza, and have a candle lit dinner followed by a romance movie (lady and the tramp?). This thread actually has me kind of pumped to celebrate. Valentines day is about love, and there is no one I love more than my daughter.

nothingtosee 02-07-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huxley (Post 16257178)
I think when my daughter is older we can make valentines day really special. I'd love to hit up the dollar store and decorate the house, have a dinner like make your own pizza, and have a candle lit dinner followed by a romance movie (lady and the tramp?). This thread actually has me kind of pumped to celebrate. Valentines day is about love, and there is no one I love more than my daughter.

Those are some cool ideas, I do believe I'll borrow some. Maybe we'll bake some cookies too.

AzulMariposa 02-09-2013 10:46 AM

I am married, but we dont "do" valentines. We get the kids some treats, and they make cards for their friends. Then we have a family movie.night an dvalentine cookies.

newmommy13 02-09-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huxley (Post 16253341)

Bahahaha I pity myself for those things too!

MrsCrafty 02-11-2013 11:41 AM

This is my first v-day as a married woman, DS and I used to always go do something special, like the Zoo or the aquarium :goodvibes: