Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   baby not head down, when to be concerned? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1489149)

jennayoung99 02-05-2013 06:26 PM

baby not head down, when to be concerned?

I'm not totally positive, no ultrasound or dr telling me or anything, but in the past couple weeks I was pretty sure the baby was transverse, and now it feels like it has turned, but with the strong kicks really low now I'm thinking breach. I'm 25 weeks and I have a drs appointment next week so i will talk about my concerns then.
But from those who have BTDT when do drs consider it "time to be concerned"?
I am aware that babies can turn even days before birth, but just from a drs stand point when do they start talking about it?

UVASahm 02-05-2013 06:31 PM

Re: baby not head down, when to be concerned?

My guy flipped and flopped the whole time he was in there. They finally officially checked his position at 36 weeks and he was breech. They were concerned at that point but not before but my dr. Is sort of a hippy :). He stayed that way, but they said I could try and deliver anyway. Ended up with a cs. I'm sure they will say nothing about it until you get closer to delivery. They still have a lot of room in there at 25 weeks :).

Ashtyn(n)Nyla'sMama 02-05-2013 07:12 PM

My Ella is 3 weeks, and was breech until 33 weeks. My doc said if she was still breech at 35 weeks he would be concerned.

MrsCrafty 02-05-2013 07:26 PM

My midwife said most babies flip about 30 weeks when their head starts getting heavier :goodvibes:

BrownCowMama 02-05-2013 07:36 PM

Babies can actually flip even up until delivery time. My nephew was head down, all set to go, but 2 days before due date, he flipped (very painful that late term!), needing a cesarean. If baby happens to end up head up, using peppermint essential oil on your belly can get them to flip. I wouldn't worry about it too much yet...you got time :)

peep_erz 02-05-2013 07:44 PM

I'm 33 weeks and my little girl is still cartwheeling around in there. My doctors have even seen her stretch out transverse recently and they weren't concerned at all. They just laughed and said "oh look, shes laying that way right now".

mibarra 02-05-2013 08:36 PM

I'm still breech at 32 weeks and doc isn't concerned yet. She said we'll start worrying closer to 35-36 weeks. And she said she checks up to the very end even if we do schedule a c-section. She'll have me come in to be checked before any c-section appts a the last minute and if baby has turned we'll cancel. :)

Caz 02-05-2013 11:35 PM

I've been breech until 35-36wks in 2 of my 3 pregnancies and they weren't worried. If they had still been breech at 36-37 wks, then I think my midwives might have started to become concerned, but you still have PLENTY of time before there's cause for worry!

oregonmom 02-06-2013 10:24 AM

My little girl was head down the last few appointments, then this last week decided to go breech. I am 34 weeks. I am now working on talking her into turning around again. I would not be concerned at all at 25 weeks.

katengrace 02-06-2013 12:18 PM

With dd4 at 38 weeks she was breech. When I went into labor at 39+1 she was head down. You have plenty of time.