Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Paleo/primal mamas? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1489487)

dressagemom 02-06-2013 07:57 PM

Paleo/primal mamas?

Are there any paleo/primal eating mamas here? I need some inspiration.

AmberP 02-06-2013 08:10 PM

Re: Paleo/primal mamas?

There are several of us here-- but I am a Paleo flunkie right now because I can't even look at meat or anything green without gagging LOL

I've been eating what whole foods I can eat and hoping that soon it will get better.

KCmomma 02-07-2013 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberP (Post 16258034)
There are several of us here-- but I am a Paleo flunkie right now because I can't even look at meat or anything green without gagging LOL

I've been eating what whole foods I can eat and hoping that soon it will get better.

Lol! DH is still going strong but after droping 10+lbs last month Paleo has gone out the window and anything the babies like I will eat. It is frustrating because I LOVE food and get sooo hungry but I take one bite and the babies veto it.

3 ladybugs 02-07-2013 06:42 AM

I am WAP but I am not eating like I should right now. :blush: I am slowly getting back to it but I am 15 weeks today and not quite there.

AmberP 02-07-2013 09:59 AM

I read these blogs about people eating paleo while pregnant and I am so jealous! The only form I can even stand meat right now is a turkey sandwich. I am so low on protein right now and I don't know how to fix it. I can't even stand beans-- I tried-- and eggs are something I can handle about two to three times a week.

sisu 02-07-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberP (Post 16258034)

We aren't strictly Paleo but we limit a lot of non-Paleo foods. But anyway, major flunkie here, too. I can't stand veggies or most meat (pepperoni on pizza seems to be the exception, ha) or eggs or beans. I've been living on carbs, and not even remotely healthy ones at that.

I guess I'm not very inspirational, huh? :backout:

Andbabymakes2 02-07-2013 05:36 PM

As much as I would love to do the Paleo thing- I have major meat aversions during pg. Even when I'm not pg, I am extremely picky about the meat I can eat. Veg's right now are ok.

dressagemom 02-07-2013 08:02 PM

Wow! I guess I am doing pretty well, then. I can (have to, really) eat eggs in the morning. If I skip, I feel horrible all day. I can eat (and love) meat, salads, and veggies. My biggest problems are that what really sounds good is a bowl of honey nut cheerios (organic of course, hehe) with milk (raw, grass-fed, of course!), toast and honey, and Special K cookies (please don't ask, they are the farthest thing from healthy you can imagine).

I tried taking a prenatal the other morning, and I think that is the reason I felt terrible all day long. I've not worked up the courage to try it again.

It isn't morning sickness really for me. It is all day esp. in the middle of the night sickness. If I keep eating all day, it sort of helps, but doesn't completely remove it. I was hoping for suggestions for getting rid of all those grains and sweets cravings. Sounds like I may be out of luck, lol.

Andbabymakes2 02-07-2013 08:12 PM

I can't do eggs right now either so I do frozen smoothies and add hemp protein powder. (Frozen fruit, spinach , milk, Greek yogurt ) right now I'm doing really good with the sweets. I'm craving oranges and prunes and apples when I want the sugar. And raw veggies. But I'm really on a zucchini binge lately! Lol

Andbabymakes2 02-07-2013 08:12 PM

Oh and I'm taking my vit's at night before I ho to bed. I think it helps.