Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Ugh. Nursing troubles! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1489635)

Kay+Dave 02-07-2013 10:33 AM

Ugh. Nursing troubles!

My 10 month old does NOT want to nurse during the day. He nurses just fine before bed and in the early morning, but during the day he could care less. Sometimes he will take about five drinks, but usually he just pushes against me and cries to get down. Is this normal?! Should I be concerned?? The crazy thing is I can offer him water or juice right after he has refused to nurse, and he drinks like he is dying of thirst!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

kushie tushie 02-07-2013 10:37 AM

Its the age. Hes dictracted. Its very common.

I usually bring baby into a quite room and nurse in there. Also font offer juice. He needs milk. When he is thirsty enough he'll nurse. Id give him water but he does nit and should not be drinking more water than nursing at that age.

:hugs: its just a phase.

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!

Kay+Dave 02-07-2013 10:48 AM

Yep, I've tried the whole quiet room thing...also tried nursing him right after his nap when he's still sleepy. Doesn't seem to make much of a difference right now. Guess I will just keep trying! :) any other suggestions are welcomed!

kushie tushie 02-07-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kay+Dave (Post 16260030)
Yep, I've tried the whole quiet room thing...also tried nursing him right after his nap when he's still sleepy. Doesn't seem to make much of a difference right now. Guess I will just keep trying! :) any other suggestions are welcomed!

Have you tried nursing while walking around. This worked so well for DS.
Are you preggo? Your milk changes when your pregnant and some babies don't like the taste.

Kay+Dave 02-07-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kushie tushie

Are you preggo? Your milk changes when your pregnant and some babies don't like the taste.

I have not tried while walking around. I will definitely give that a shot!

And we are TTC!!! Way to get my hopes up, hehe! ;)

kushie tushie 02-07-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kay+Dave (Post 16260098)

I have not tried while walking around. I will definitely give that a shot!

And we are TTC!!! Way to get my hopes up, hehe! ;)

Well sorry but it does change. Good luck!
This to shall pass. Keep offering and he'll come back around. Hes just busy seeing the world. :)

Kay+Dave 02-20-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kushie tushie

You were right!!!! I am prego!! :) :) :)

abunchoflemons 02-20-2013 08:24 AM

Re: Ugh. Nursing troubles!

my 14 was like when I ended up pregnant too. try mothers mug plus? I great it does well but didn't find out about it til here. worth a try... try switch to almonds our some other type of milk... this is what we DOS....

abunchoflemons 02-20-2013 08:25 AM

congrats on pregnancy though

l_Kimmie_l 02-20-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kay+Dave (Post 16310632)
You were right!!!! I am prego!! :) :) :)

Congrats!!! He will get used to the taste. I nursed for 6 months while PG with DS3.