Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Fuzzibunz leaking - fit issue? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1489669)

ss456 02-07-2013 12:04 PM

Fuzzibunz leaking - fit issue?

I have a brand new Fuzzibunz Elite OS that has leaked every time I've tried it. It is always urine leaks around the legs, in less than an hour and the inserts are not saturated. I think I just can't get the right fit on my 9 week olds little thighs, but I'm not sure. It has seemed to basically fit since about 4 weeks, but it isn't extremely snug around his legs when he kicks and wiggles.

I have always washed in Tiny Bubbles and line dried. I've heard some say you need to put diapers in the dryer at least once to seal it. Is this true? Should I try drying it once in the dryer? (I never dried my BGs, RaRs or Thirsties and have not had this problem). Or is this a brand of diaper that just isn't a good fit for my particular baby?

MamaButtercup 02-07-2013 12:11 PM

Re: Fuzzibunz leaking - fit issue?

I have problems with leaking around the legs when they get pretty wet... But since the whole insert isn't wet, are you sure that you don't have buildup/repelling?

ss456 02-07-2013 12:21 PM

Would I really have buildup or repelling issues after washing it only a few times? I'm not having this issue with my other diapers, and have rarely used the FB since it has leaked every time for me. I try it every other week or so, just to see if he's grown into the fit better.

abunchoflemons 02-07-2013 12:44 PM

my elite minky i doubled held same as mf fbos. i didnt dry in dryer.

beckd87 02-07-2013 08:55 PM

I have had issues with mine leaking as well. However, my was used so I suppose I should strip.

lady longs 02-08-2013 02:55 AM

I'm sure u already know this, but throwing it out there in case u don't. U can put 1 side of the leg elastics on one number and the other side on a different number - sorta a half size to give u a more custom fit.. so, u can put one side of the leg on a 3 and the other side on a 4. This puts it asa half size between using both 3's or both 4's.

March 02-08-2013 03:50 AM

Tighten up the waist (NOT rise/"leg") elastic, then use the snap setting that gets the best seal around his legs.

ss456 02-08-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by March (Post 16263345)
Tighten up the waist (NOT rise/"leg") elastic, then use the snap setting that gets the best seal around his legs.

Curious, why do you think tightening the waist will help? Have you had this issue?

March 02-08-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss456

Curious, why do you think tightening the waist will help? Have you had this issue?

It makes it possible to wrap the fabric more tightly around the baby and get a better leg seal without shortening the rise and causing compression leaks.

I haven't personally had the issue, but I was a cloth diaper consultant for years and helped fit these diapers (FBOS and FB Elite) on many babies whose parents thought they just weren't going to be able to fit. :)

I also blogged about this at www.elemeno-pee.blogspot.com -- search "why adjustable leg elastic sets the rise." :) Lots of pictures to help illustrate why it works.

Edit: here's the link for you :) http://www.elemeno-pee.blogspot.com/...ic-or.html?m=1

ParkersMommy7611 02-08-2013 04:42 PM

I got a couple of fuzzibunz free for spending over a certain amount from Kellyscloset.com and let me tell you I'm so glad I didn't pay from them. I had the same problem with leaking. I use them now for swim diapers!