Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   EBF baby refusing bottle-Is there a bottle brand more like breast? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1489712)

Trecki 02-07-2013 02:45 PM

EBF baby refusing bottle-Is there a bottle brand more like breast?

I breastfeed my 11 week old baby 99% of the time. But there are times when I need to leave her for a few hours to run errands,etc. Last night I left her with my husband and pumped so he could feed her. We have the Avent bottles and she refused it. She's eaten from it before but only 1-2 times a few weeks ago. She couldn't get her tongue under it properly then would get frustrated and it even gagged her a few times. :(

Can anyone recommend a bottle that is more like the breast? I'm curious if anyone has experience with the Innobaby Nurser set.
Also has anyone else had issues with babies refusing a bottle & then found one? (My last baby also went on a bottle strike at 6 months).

I don't intend to quit exclusively nursing until 1 year but I'd like to be able to leave her if I need to!

I appreciate any suggestions!

mibarra 02-07-2013 04:50 PM

You may just have to try a few. I had luck with Tommee Tippee.

The Fancy Pansy 02-07-2013 04:53 PM

Re: EBF baby refusing bottle-Is there a bottle brand more like breast?

We had the best luck with the Adiri Natural Nursers and the Playtex drop ins (I prefer the Playtex, the Adiri leaked!)

I had to trick DD1 into using the bottle by giving it to her when she was sleepy in the bouncer, from behind so she didn't see me. DD2 never fought it that hard, but I think she only had to take a bottle once or twice ever.

5lilmonkeys 02-07-2013 04:55 PM

My son really didn't want a bottle at all. We were able to get him to use a Playtex Vent Air with wide nipples. This time around I am planning on using the Tommee Tippee I have seen great success with EBF babies in my Family Child Care home with this bottle.

abrix96 02-07-2013 05:03 PM

Comotomo- the ONLY one my boy would take while breastfeeding. Every other nipple drowned him.

Nerissa 02-07-2013 05:59 PM

Platex are the only ines my bf babies would take.

DD just went through a stike and DH got her to take a bottle my putting her in the bouncy chair.

After a couple rough bittles she went back to taking it nonproblem.

Tris 02-07-2013 06:21 PM

Playtex bottles and me nowhere in sight. If I was around, no bottle was good enough. We did start both early, at around 4 weeks after my supply was stable, and I pumped in the other room the first few times to keep my supply up but it was still nice for my mum and H to be able to feed the babe :)

PurpleDaffodil 02-07-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abrix96 (Post 16261502)
Comotomo- the ONLY one my boy would take while breastfeeding. Every other nipple drowned him.

:thumbsup: yup us too!

sandy_dandy 02-07-2013 07:26 PM

My DS never had a problem. Love Playtex drop-ins.

My DD HATES bottles. I am going to try the recommendations on this thread!

cpamamma 02-08-2013 12:27 AM

Used tommee tippee with DD1 and had no issues. But we did introduce the bottle at around 3 weeks. Reminds me I need to start pumping now that DD2 has turned 3 weeks.