Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Gross pregnancy sweating. ew. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1489818)

Kiliki 02-07-2013 07:12 PM

Gross pregnancy sweating. ew.

I am a sweaty fiend. It's so gross.

Is there anything I can do to try to manage this insane sweating?

When I am not pregnant, I rarely sweat.

When I am pregnant, it's as if every pore suddenly comes alive.

I feel really gross and smelly. And I shower often, and I wear smelly-good-spray. I don't use deo when not preggo, but I do put some on before I leave the house if I am preggo. Just b/c I am hoping it will clog my pores so they CAN'T sweat and make big wet marks when I am in public.

My air conditioner (yes, AC - I'm in FL. Highs in the 80s this wk :banghead:) is set on 75 degrees. In the summer, I typically keep it on 76/77. So, 75 should be comfortable.

But I'm still sweating.

I'm having to change sheets more, I'm waking up with a damp pillow, I go pee and come back and lay down and realize there's a big wet spot where I was laying, have to change my undies 5 times a day from sweat or pee, my shirts I have to change a couple times a day from sweat under the armpits, I can barely stand to wear any clothes... :puke:

I feel really gross. :sadno: And I'm getting tired of all the sweaty laundry.

dagmomma 02-07-2013 08:14 PM

Re: Gross pregnancy sweating. ew.

ME TOO!!!!

I can not stand to be around my armpits lol!!! I shower alot and wash my armpits like 4 times a day. I am hoping it is just my pregnancy nose bc dh has not said anything to me and believe me he would LOL!

mrspopo 02-08-2013 03:59 AM

I think it has to do with the change in body temperature. Normally I'm the coldest person in the room who has to bundle up and asks to have the windows closed. But during pregnancy I can get overheated in an instant... and that is such a rare feeling for me, kinda confusing really. I also sweat more, so it's probably the body's way to regulating your temperature because it's a little pickier now.

Mom2Connor 02-08-2013 05:37 AM

I'm not in those temps soI'm not sweating that much, but I am running HOT! I definitely am sweating more and change undies constantly too. DH thinks that part is just hilarious....

Yesterday it hit the 40's and I had his heat all the way down to cold in the car ( he had his side still on warm!) and the window down a couple inches.

Hungry Caterpillar 02-08-2013 08:23 AM

We keep our house around 72/73 normally. During pregnancy I had it at like 66 and was taking bundles of ice and rubbing it all over my body, or jumping in the shower and spraying myself with cold several times a day. I think your body temperature just goes totally nuts. You may have to bite the bullet and seriously lower the AC for the last couple weeks.

The other thing that helps is to dip your feet into really cold water. That will cool your whole body very quickly. I used to throw ice and water in a bucket and then sit with my feet in that for a minute or two. Dipping your wrists in will help cool you too.

Kiliki 02-08-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar (Post 16263968)

The other thing that helps is to dip your feet into really cold water. That will cool your whole body very quickly. I used to throw ice and water in a bucket and then sit with my feet in that for a minute or two. Dipping your wrists in will help cool you too.

Ooooh! Thanks for the tip! I'll try that!