Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Fever with no symptoms [Update6/8] (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1489936)

Kätzchen 02-08-2013 09:18 AM

Fever with no symptoms [Update6/8]

Being admitted again, same thing.

We just got admitted, still not sure what is wrong, any positive thoughts/prayers appreciated.

My 18 month old daughter has had a fever (101-102.5) for the last two days without any symptoms. I took her to the paediatrician yesterday and we did a urinalysis, which was clear, her ears were fine, so he told us to follow up on Monday. Any ideas?

mommabritt 02-08-2013 09:21 AM

Teeth?
The only other thing I can think of is that my four kids all just went through some kind of a virus that started with a lone fever and had other symptoms appear three days later, vomit, diarrhea, slight lethargy. I hope she doesn't get that.

EmmaGM 02-08-2013 09:36 AM

DS had a fever that high for three days about two weeks ago and never had any symptoms except for being fussy about the fever. :dunno:

Kätzchen 02-08-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmaGM
DS had a fever that high for three days about two weeks ago and never had any symptoms except for being fussy about the fever. :dunno:

I'll keep my fingers crossed that this is it.

canadianbakers 02-08-2013 11:07 AM

Re: Fever with no symptoms

There are lots of kid viruses (by that I mean, commonly/easily caught and passed around by kids) that just cause a fever and then nothing else.
A bunch of the childhood illnesses also start with a fever for a few days, then a rash (different rashes and locations depending on the virus) when the fever breaks. These aren't really diagnosed until the rash appears, though.

For now I'd keep her home, not out in public places (no day care or play groups) and make sure she's comfortable - sometimes my kids have a higher fever but feel fine and are playing normally, but sometimes they'll have even just a low-grade fever and feel horrid. I base treatment much more on how they're feeling/acting than the # on the thermometer.

Kätzchen 02-08-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbakers
There are lots of kid viruses (by that I mean, commonly/easily caught and passed around by kids) that just cause a fever and then nothing else.
A bunch of the childhood illnesses also start with a fever for a few days, then a rash (different rashes and locations depending on the virus) when the fever breaks. These aren't really diagnosed until the rash appears, though.

For now I'd keep her home, not out in public places (no day care or play groups) and make sure she's comfortable - sometimes my kids have a higher fever but feel fine and are playing normally, but sometimes they'll have even just a low-grade fever and feel horrid. I base treatment much more on how they're feeling/acting than the # on the thermometer.

We stay home everyday, so lots of nursing and cuddles. She's acting pretty playful, just cuddlier than usual. I have her some ibuprofen last night because she seemed uncomfortable.

rottenapple 02-08-2013 11:37 AM

Re: Fever with no symptoms

This happened to my daughter as well around that age, doc said it was viral and to keep an eye on fever, as long as it didnt go above 103/104 (which freaked me out to think abt!) It would run its course in a couple days. It would, and she would sometimes get the random rash as a pp mentioned.

Stamina 02-08-2013 11:47 AM

We just had a virus pass through our house that sounds very similar. The kids had fevers around 102 degrees for about three days with no other symptoms presenting. My oldest son did complain of a headache, but YDS was mostly just irritable and sleepy. Hope that may be all your LO has!

mrseum 02-08-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmaGM

My son had this in December it was the upper resperatory version of the flu; he had cold like symptoms with an on again off again fever for 2 weeks.

Kätzchen 02-09-2013 09:56 AM

It's day three, she's still having the same fever. No new symptoms. :(