Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Preferences in a cover? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490135)

shoesundone 02-08-2013 09:51 PM

Preferences in a cover?

What do you prefer in a cover and why?

I'm still pretty new to this world, but I think I like snaps for durability and leg gussets for poop protection. Though the snaps are awfully inconvenient on my squirmy dd...

starbeam 02-08-2013 10:24 PM

Re: Preferences in a cover?

i hate snaps...velcro is way faster and makes a better fit. i do like gussets :) check out Thirsties covers...i like sized covers, but Thirsties makes sized or adjustable sized covers that work very well. i think chubby babies do better with adjustable sized covers and skinny babies do better with sized covers

hwlemon 02-08-2013 10:32 PM

I love snaps for their durability, though I agree with PP that velcro just goes faster. I find that velcro snags on everything, though, and even the strongest velcro seems to disconnect from its laundry tabs every so often. I love double gussets, and I love covers like Flip and Capri that have the flaps in both the front and back in case I feel like just throwing in a trifolded prefold. They are so sturdy!

Pixi6s 02-09-2013 07:23 AM

I don't like snaps. I don't like deciding between 2 sets and informing DH what that is... and you have muliple different ones they could be all different... I've accepted that velcro lasts about a year in the size stashes I have and need to be replaced.

The early stages I like thirsties duo because they last longer. Once those are outgrown I prefer sized covers. Bummis super brite with the leg gussets. I don't mind rise snaps on other types of diapers, but covers I tend to want to pull up alot more and the rise snaps unsnap.

AIO/AI2/Pockets, They don't get tugged up as much and I don't have issues with rise snaps. :)

srw.mutter 02-09-2013 07:25 AM

Full coverage and flexible. I prefer snaps because they don't snag on me/stuff when baby is just wearing a shirt

shoesundone 02-10-2013 12:47 PM

So many good points! I've been looking to try out a new brand of cover (so far, I have flip, grovia, thirsties duo, and blueberry coverall) and I'm trying to be as frugal and practical as possible. I keep seeing people talk about the same brands so I was wondering what made thirsties and flip so popular!

tentrevival 02-10-2013 01:16 PM

I would love Flip, except for them being one size. We like all of the other features and love the new colors, but I hate a snap down rise. They never fit my sons well. I don't really like the white poly binding on Thirsties and Bummis. It stains so easy and gets rilly right away. I haven't tried a lot of other covers because I am picky about those two things. I like that all PUL covers dry fastest, but I really like ones that feel like a t-shirt on the outside or AMP when babies are sick or we are just lounging, because the stretchiness seems more comfortable. I like really stretchy covers because they can be full coverage and still trim. Bummis just ran really big on my boys so a trifolded insert flopped around too much. I would like Bummis Super Lite, but the velcro tabs are too short on my boys chubby thighs and rubbed raw spots. If they had extended tabs or snaps I would buy those, but in a size down, since again the high rise makes the inserts slip too much.

crowbabies 02-10-2013 01:21 PM

I LOVE my Thirsties covers. I did just get an Imagine cover to try and it is pretty good. Has the leg gussets and the $9 price is great.

purpleshelly860 02-10-2013 03:47 PM

I love my Thirsties Duo wraps in size 1 for younger babies. For older babies I like Flips. The only aplix I like are Rumparooz because they stay put! Thirsties aplix is horrid and Flips are better but not by much.

crowbabies 02-10-2013 05:16 PM

I'll second that Thirsties aplix is awful!