Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Trainer dilemma! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490183)

hilaryisinked 02-09-2013 06:41 AM

Trainer dilemma!

So last night was the first night in GroVia trainers. Or at least I thought. A few minutes after she got in bed she was complaining they were too tight. She's tiny; almost 3 & 27 lbs but they were leaving marks on her. They are super hard to stuff. I put a flat in there and the pocket is SO narrow I could hardly get it in. So now to use these at night I'm going to need to order Plus size panels and something smaller to stuff with like Joey Bunz. Or I could just order some Super Undies from Nicki's Diapers and use the GroVia trainers in the car. WWYD? She has never peed in her car seat but I'm always nervous she will. I feel like using these trainers then and getting different ones for nights would be good but then I'm spending a lot more money. However, $8 for two pairs of panels plus another like $12 for Joey Bunz...it's not saving me that much more to just order some Super Undies. What do you think?

hilaryisinked 02-09-2013 06:51 AM

DH says he wants to order the super undies.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

erin_c_odonnell 02-09-2013 07:01 AM

Re: Trainer dilemma!

We just tried super undies but they are a little tight for us- given my kids have chunky thighs. I like ladder hill designs better so far but honestly those are the only two we've tried. Curious what others suggest. :popcorn:

ssand23 02-09-2013 08:54 AM

We had Grovia trainers briefly. They run way too small, even with the plus size panels, the pocket is small and the stitching rips easily (we had to return ours as the pocket ripped after a week).

I really love the Flip Trainers. We have a bunch (we've had them for over a year now) and they work really great. My son is over 40 lbs (he has huge thighs and a good sized tummy) but still not ready to potty full time so I double stuff them with 2 of the Flip Trainer inserts and they easily stand up to his heavy wetting overnights. They are very trim and I have no problem with them fitting under any of my son's clothing. And he can easily pull them off and on when he does use the potty. To make them stay dry, I put the Flip trainer inserts inside a Cotton Babies stay dry sock and when we were hit by hurricane Sandy and had weeks of no power, I used the Flip trainer covers with disposable Flip inserts. It's a perfect fit.

MrsAsh 02-09-2013 10:00 AM

I have a skinny mini (3 /12 feet and 32 lbs) and also love Flips, hate the GroVia ones we have. :( I gave up trainers at night and just use our regular pocket diapers. He doesn't wake up at night to pee though.

hilaryisinked 02-09-2013 10:05 AM

Are the flips easy to pull up and down even when double stuffed? Does the second insert move around?

fluffycheeks 02-09-2013 10:10 AM

My daughter sounds the same size as yours - she will be 3 in March and she's about 27 1/2 lbs. I got her some super undies and I LOOOVE them on her. She loves them too (calls them her super pull ups). I haven't tried the Grovia trainers, but I don't care for the FLIP trainers. The insert isn't attached, so pulling them up and down isn't easy for her to get everything all lined up. I totally recommend the Super Undies. They are awesome and worth every penny. I didn't even know that Nicki's sold them though. Are they cheaper there?

hilaryisinked 02-09-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffycheeks
My daughter sounds the same size as yours - she will be 3 in March and she's about 27 1/2 lbs. I got her some super undies and I LOOOVE them on her. She loves them too (calls them her super pull ups). I haven't tried the Grovia trainers, but I don't care for the FLIP trainers. The insert isn't attached, so pulling them up and down isn't easy for her to get everything all lined up. I totally recommend the Super Undies. They are awesome and worth every penny. I didn't even know that Nicki's sold them though. Are they cheaper there?

Not cheaper but then I can use the coupon code five for 5% off & add some things in the order & get free shipping.

Pixi6s 02-09-2013 10:50 AM

I don't understand the flip trainers. We got one and used it once. How do you pull up something with rise snaps? they just come unsnapped! My son is 3 about 35lbs. If fit him on the middle rise. I put a BG OS MF and a Med JB Hemp in a stay dry sock for night time and couldn't get a good seal. I was going to try another combination but I couldn't pull them up without trouble so I gave up. (I do have one to sell with no inserts, only used once)

We are just looking for nighttime too. I know that this combo (BG OS MF and a Med JB Hemp) works for him at nightime so I needed a pocket with stay dry.

I am really liking the Snap Ez pocket. We also tried the bumwear trainers - they are wider between the legs though. My son is sorta inbetween med and large in the bumwear, the med is hard to pull up, but the larges left red marks on the legs, I think from chafing and looked poofy. I think he's probably about inbetween sizes on the snap ez too, but the large worked well last night. he also peed a fair amt and looked less big and poofy.

Of course I have 4 bumwear and 1 snap ez so I need to decide if I can get the bumwear to work or get more snap ez -- I really hope our nighttime trainer search is over one way or another. I've been on the search for the prefect trainer since last june, I'm ready to be done and stop spending money.

Willing to sell now:
1 flip trainer used once (no inserts)
1 Large Snap EZ AIO (not for night & feel wet)
1 4t Antsy Pants (AIO with pocket)

Soon to sell:
I believe I will soon be willing to part with at least these the 3 girly med bumwear trainers as well... Possible the 4 larges, time will tell on those though.

TrennaII 02-09-2013 11:18 AM

Here's our experience:

Grovia & Flip - Came unsnapped when he pulls them up.

Flip - Leaked a lot (he's just under 30 lbs).

Best Bottom - Leaked a lot.

Superundies - Weird fit and didn't hold enough

Tinkle Time Trainers (Ladder Hill or Rainshine Designs) - Just a tiny bit small in the thigh, hard to pull up, but very very functional (I sewed them myself).

I don't have time for more sewing and am tired of sposie pull-ups, and can't spend $25 each ... so now I'm trying Imse Vimse trainers under wool longies or soakers. Woolybottoms are only $21 at the Cottonbabies store here, I found Woolybottoms longies FSOT for under $20 each, and Imse Vimse trainers are $15. So getting a handful of the Imse Vimse and 4 Woolybottoms is very economical ... and he's already covered for pants.