Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Help.. Ebf baby and I'm going back to work (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490251)

LeAdams7 02-09-2013 12:43 PM

Help.. Ebf baby and I'm going back to work

My son nurses for comfort and is ebf. He will
Take a bottle from me but not from dh or anyone else. We've tried having dh take his shirt off and putting a shirt that smells like me near him. We have 3 days to figure this out. Ds is 3 months old

NotLad 02-09-2013 01:14 PM

Re: Help.. Ebf baby and I'm going back to work

It isn't fun, but you're going to have to go deep end. :( leave the house for five or six hours. Leave enough pumped milk for two or three bottles. Tell dh there will be lots of screaming. Take a deep breath and just jump in.

mommabritt 02-09-2013 01:18 PM

Big hugs. That's rough :hugs:

I agree though. Your gonna have to leave and let Dh sort it out. It's really common for babies to refuse anything else when mama is nearby. It'll be harder on you both if you stick around. Let Dh take it on and distract yourself for several hours. They'll be okay.

UVASahm 02-09-2013 06:57 PM

When my son is fussy about taking a bottle I put the baby Einstein videos on. It distracts him enough where he'll take it. Also when your husband is trying to give him a bottle without you there bouncing works too. And I make sure the bm is very warm.

Nerissa 02-10-2013 07:55 AM

Ditto the others. He is just going to have to do it.

My DH discovered that if DD is refusing bottles that making it as different as possible is actually better. He feeds her in the bounch seat.

Christylkeller 02-10-2013 02:46 PM

Hugs momma! This is not going to be easy! I worked in daycare for several years, specifically in the infant room. A handful of babies over that 4 yr period simply refused to eat during the day. It was rough for the 1st couple of weeks, and we always offered bottles often, but eventually they fell into a pattern of mom nursing when she dropped off and again when she picked up and they would go the rest of the time refusing the bottle.

My own DD was like that with my DH when I had to go back to work full time when she was 6 months old. She would nurse before I left and refused to take a bottle or cup or dropper all day long. She was on other solid food by then, so that is what DH filled her belly with. When I would get home, she pretty much constantly nursed for 4-5 hours and then still slept through the night.

I hope you have an easier transition. Just be confident in that babies will NOT let themselves starve and can go quite a long time without eating.

Feel free to PM me as I have watched mommas go through bottle refusals and have experienced it myself.