Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   What are you doing... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490258)

Sarahknavy 02-09-2013 12:09 PM

To encourage labor/ prepare your body?

I have been drinking RRL tea and started taking epo. Last night I started rocking and rolling on the yoga ball. I am just trying to do anything I can because I never dilated or effaced last time before my water broke. Hoping for sex tonight for some more ripening assistance. Plus,,, we are headed into a dry spell :(

Madame Medina 02-09-2013 04:40 PM

Re: What are you doing...

I don't like the taste of the Red Raspberry Leaf Tea so I stopped trying to force myself to drink it.

What does EPO stand for?:headscratch: And how does it help with labor?

We have been DTD a bit more than normal but not necessarily for getting labor started. I think we both just realize it's going to be harder to it after the baby arrives.

Sarahknavy 02-09-2013 05:35 PM

I make two bags of RRL and one bag of peach tea all together in a big cup with maple syrup.

Evening primrose oil. It's a prostaglandin so it softens the cervix.

My_Tree_Grows 02-09-2013 11:38 PM

I've been doing cat/cows, squats and tailor sits for most of the pregnancy, to ensure baby is in the best position possible and my pelvic floor is strong. A left occiput anterior baby is going to put the most effective pressure on your cervix, for dilation.

Also, mega doses of vitamin C can strengthen all of your membranes, including the amniotic sac...one would usually taper off near the end of pregnancy, though, so that baby doesn't get used to excreting too much and therefore end up vitamin C deficient. Maybe check with a naturopath, since you still have a few weeks left? I personally stopped at 36 weeks. 2 generations of pregnancies in my maternal line, no SROM. :) It anecdotally reduces discomfort during labour, as well (I'll be sipping on Emergen-C).

Your body knows how to birth, mama...the numbers don't matter, they don't tell you how quickly you CAN dilate...women progress several centimeters in an hour or less all the time!

Sarahknavy 02-09-2013 11:45 PM

I am not worried about not being able to birth. My son couldn't have safely descended with the amount of times and locations the cord was wrapped around his body. I just don't want to end up fighting with the drs over more time to go VBAC. I had been taking lots of vit c without that knowledge so hopefully that helped this time around.

My son was born 4 days after my water broke after a failed induction on day 4.

mizzStephylynn 02-10-2013 04:00 AM

DTD, walking, EPO, rocking chair...

I've been having prodromal labor for the last week or so, so... i guess my body is at least getting the message that I wanna go into labor, it's just not progressing

cheezpoofs 02-10-2013 07:35 AM

Nothing

PinkInk 02-10-2013 05:31 PM

Heads up on EPO. I was a HUGE fan and used it a lot in my last two pregnancies, but I recently read (after a friend alerted me) that evening primrose oil can cause excessive bleeding... and I actually did hemorrhage after both my last births. We are skipping it this time and just keeping up on the sex ;) I'm really hoping to not bleed excessively, it's awful.

I'm not really doing anything, I'm enjoying this time and just letting my body and baby work together the way they were designed to <3 I've had to induce twice (once with pit, once with a membrane sweep) because of GD and I'm so happy that my GD has remained well controlled! Only 4 days from 41 weeks and I kinda hope we get there!

*I am walking a lot, but that's mostly to keep the GD in check. And I spend a lot of time on my ball hoping baby gets into a better position.

Sarahknavy 02-10-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkInk
Heads up on EPO. I was a HUGE fan and used it a lot in my last two pregnancies, but I recently read (after a friend alerted me) that evening primrose oil can cause excessive bleeding... and I actually did hemorrhage after both my last births. We are skipping it this time and just keeping up on the sex ;) I'm really hoping to not bleed excessively, it's awful.

I'm not really doing anything, I'm enjoying this time and just letting my body and baby work together the way they were designed to <3 I've had to induce twice (once with pit, once with a membrane sweep) because of GD and I'm so happy that my GD has remained well controlled! Only 4 days from 41 weeks and I kinda hope we get there!

*I am walking a lot, but that's mostly to keep the GD in check. And I spend a lot of time on my ball hoping baby gets into a better position.

Do you know if that is if it is taken vaginally or orally or both?

karlitacat 02-10-2013 08:17 PM

I took EPO with the last two pregnancies and am taking it again this time. Tried DTD a couple times specifically to see if it would help, and while I noticed closer contractions afterwards, they just died down - very discouraging! Not really doing anything specific, but of walking around and cleaning the house helps, then that's what else I'm doing!