Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Things Carseats (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Radian R100, Radian R120, or Radian RXT? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490376)

Mommyof2Blessings 02-09-2013 06:31 PM

Radian R100, Radian R120, or Radian RXT?

I know that I need a Radian car seat to fit between 2 backless booster seats in the back of our GMC Yukon, but I'm not sure which one to get? My daughter that will be in the seat is almost 4 (April 9th). She is 32lbs. and 39" tall. The new baby will be in an infant car seat and our other little guy(2 when baby is born) is in a Britax Roundabout. The baby will move to the Roundabout and the 2 year old will move into our Graco Nautilus which the 3 year old is using now but won't fit between the boosters in the back. I was thinking I would get the Radian RXT mostly because I love the colors, but now I'm wondering if I could save money and get one of the other seats for her? What do you think?

MotoMommaNH 02-10-2013 10:50 AM

Re: Radian R100, Radian R120, or Radian RXT?

bumping for you! I'd like to know what the difference is as well and why some like one over the other! :)

rverrone11 02-10-2013 11:14 AM

Is she rear facing or forward facing? Does she sleep a lot in the car?

The R120 and RXT rear face to 45 lbs while the R100 rear faces to only 40 lbs. The R100 also has a lower forward facing weight limit, but I don't think that will be a problem with your little one. If you don't need the higher weight limit, then forget about the R120 because it's basically the same as the R100 except for the higher weight limits and the infant padding, which you don't need.

One important thing to note is that the head wings on the RXT will prevent you from getting full use out of the seats. Diono allows the child's shoulders to go above the highest harness slot but if you have the RXT, that can't happen because the head wings get in the way.

We have an XTSL (Sunshine Kids Radian with head wings), and I ended up buying a R100 for my 5 year old because the head wings were right at her shoulders. She has a lot more growing room in the R100. The only thing I don't like about it is that when she falls asleep, her head tilts farther to the side because she doesn't have the headwings to lean on. But we are just using a rolled up blanket to remedy that.

So, personally, I would opt for the R100 (though I do like the prints on the RXT much better).

SweetPotatoes 02-10-2013 06:40 PM

The only difference between the R120 and the RXT is the RXT has the head wings and the R120 does not.

rverrone11 pointed out the difference with the R100, so I won't. I also agree with her that if you don't need it RF or the infant inserts and the lower weight FF without the head wings works for you, I would go with the R100.

We have an RXT, a R120 and the XTSL (Sunshine Kids Radian with head wings). Of the three I think I like the R120, we just got for the new babe. I don't care for the head wings on the other two. Other then that I like the carseats.

Catbutt Diapers 02-10-2013 07:37 PM

Which one is more comfortable for LONG trips? R100 or RXT?

SweetPotatoes 02-10-2013 09:37 PM

I don't have a R100 to compare, but we just did an 18 hr drive (one way) in Dec and neither of my girls complained about being in the car seats (XTSL Sunshine Kids Radian with head wings and the RXT); especially during the night while they were sleeping (we try to do long trips at night). One was RF the other FF. I do wish the head supports were better. My oldest was alright, but my youngest was to little to use the head wings and to big for the infant head support. It didn't seem to bother her, but to me it looked uncomfortable.

rverrone11 02-10-2013 11:18 PM

We drove across the country and back in December (42 hours one way). Like SweetPotatoes, we try to do long trips at night, so one stretch was 30 hours with short stops in between. The XTSL (Sunshine Kids version with head wings) was comfortable for my older DD. We got the R100 after returning from the trip, and we regularly drive 100 miles a couple times a week at night, so although not a long trip, my DD always falls asleep. She says it's comfortable, but to me it doesn't look as comfortable as the RXT because her head doesn't have the headwings to rest on.

Aine 02-10-2013 11:31 PM

i have a 6yo on the thin side, whom i'm getting an R100 for this month. she's already FF, and tho we both agree the prints/colors of the RXT are fabulous, there is just no way i can justify THAT much more money for them. if she was a heavier/larger child, and i was worried she'd outgrow the seat too soon, i might reconsider and get the RXT. Maybe. It's a really large price difference, and the R100 is a great, solid seat. :)