Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Sept (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Sept 2013 Weekly Chat - Feb 10-16 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490654)

Greenwife 02-10-2013 10:20 PM

Sept 2013 Weekly Chat - Feb 10-16

10 weeks here and eager to hear a heartbeat. My midwife doesn't do ultrasounds until 20 weeks, so I'm still feeling like this could just be a dream. Tried to hear it on the doppler last week, but nothing yet...booo.

QOTW: What was your favorite toy as a child and what is your favorite toy now?

Hope you all have a great week! :goodvibes:

sweetgrace 02-11-2013 03:42 PM

Re: Sept 2013 Weekly Chat - Feb 10-16

I'm 8 weeks tomorrow and I go into the docs next week at 9w. I'm hoping to hear a heartbeat then. Otherwise, I have an ultrasound at 13w to check for a routine check for abnormalities in the babe but I'm still considering dropping that appointment and just going in at 20w. I really don't want to spend the money for two ultrasounds unless I have to. They are soooo expensive.

QOTW: My favorite toy was a little stuffed doggie that I named Begger Dog because he two front paws were begging and his little eyes were so cute! I guess my favorite toy now would be my quad but I don't spend as much time riding as I would like. Actually, it's a pain in the rear to get a babysitter for half a day so hubby and I can go ride so we really only do it a couple times a year now.

ChelseaGirl7 02-11-2013 09:24 PM

I'm 11 weeks tomorrow! I think I see the light at the end of the first trimester! So ready to be done with the nausea!

AOTW: baby dolls. And now probably my phone.

Chelsea mom of 4, from my phone

Greenwife 02-11-2013 09:42 PM

sweetgrace - hope you hear the heartbeat at your appt!
ChelseaGirl7 - I hear you on the nausea!

QOTW: I had a Cabbage Patch kid named Albertina that I loved, my DD plays with her now. Current favorite toy is my mountain bike. It doesn't get as much use as I would like, but I always feel free when I'm on it.

jj7202 02-12-2013 11:18 PM

I have my first official appointment today (was in a few weeks ago having panic attacks and they did an ultrasound for me to assure everything was ok) should be 10w +1. Last week I actually puked twice. Nausea comes and goes for me, I'm really ready to have some energy bag tho! I'm in bed by 7pm every night! I feel like I am not getting anything accomplished!

Favorite toy: my Barbi collection... But I always had more fun "staging" her dream house than actually playing... It would frustrate the crap our of my little sister ;) we would spend hours setting up the house only for me to be done with it and she would be desperate to "play"

Now: my mini ipad - I won at my husbands Christmas party... I never would have bought it myself but now that I have it I really dig it ;)...
on a strange side note... My sister's husband's entire work team also won mini iPads! 2013 has been lucky for us so far :)

Lanasmom 02-13-2013 12:00 PM

Hey all I'm jamie! I chat on Facebook too but sometimes find it hard to follow. I went Monday for a second ultrasound for dates. My first one 2 weeks ago had me at 6 weeks. Monday I measured 8 weeks 1 day !!!! Yay. My nausea comes and goes which is good bc I am a full time middle school teacher. This is baby #3 and a surprise. Dd is 4 and ds is 2 so I'm busy!!

Qotw: my favorite toy as a kid was anything outside. I'm a tomboy. My fav toy now is my canon t3i camera that I got for Christmas.

umellio7 02-19-2013 02:00 PM

Everyone has had so many appointments already. I am in Canada so I guess things work a bit different. My first one is on March 13th and I will be about 14 weeks then. I hope I get to hear a heartbeat so this feels less surreal.

jen_mahar 02-26-2013 10:39 AM

Hi I am Jennifer and this will be our 4th and last baby....I am 10 weeks along. :) all my other children were winter babies...so this will be interesting. Any one else not looking forward to the summer heat??? But the idea of dresses the whole time sounds great. Anyone also having their 4th c-section??

toys: anything that was artsy. :) never was into dolls.