Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   morning sickness help (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1491584)

Maddalena 02-13-2013 06:39 PM

morning sickness help

Hi I'm new to pregnancy here so I hope I'm posting in the right place. I'm 6 weeks and getting all day queasiness and gpt real close to puking in the middle of the night. Not good cause if I do ill wake our toddler and hubby.

UVASahm 02-13-2013 06:47 PM

Re: morning sickness help

I had horrible MS with my first so HUGS!

Things that I found that helped:
Eating first thing in the morning before I even got out of bed. Have something in your room like a breakfast bar that you can have right away.

Eating something small in the middle of the night like nilla wafers. Yum

Taking B6 at night with prenatal

DO NOT take prenatal in the morning

That's what worked for me, but I would still throw up once a day....

abunchoflemons 02-13-2013 06:59 PM

girls i was too... try ginger ale? rice cereal & like only help for second girl some..... hugs i was sick half of whole gpreg with girls none with boy....

Alikhlas 02-13-2013 07:08 PM

I'm 6 weeks as well, and having the same nausea issues. Like pp said, eat something first thing in the morning. And then keep eating something small before you feel hungry so the nausea doesn't get a chance to kick in.

Tina5834 02-13-2013 08:23 PM

Get some sea-bands. Put them on before you get up in the morning and the them off when you lay down for sleep at night. Also, make sure your tummy is never empty.

lynn97 02-13-2013 10:01 PM

My Sea Bands helped me too but I wore mine overnight as well. I agree with keeping some type of simple carbs (Chex, saltines, etc) on your nightstand and some water. All of these things helped me some but I have still puked a ton with this pg. Feel better soon!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

jmoon 02-13-2013 10:44 PM

I found that taking a unisom before bed helped a ton this last pregnancy. You could try a half also! HTH

Christylkeller 02-14-2013 08:19 AM

Unisom + 50 mg of B6 before bed! It was a wonder drug! I always end up with HG, but this time I was able to keep it under better control. I took Unisom + B6 at bedtime, which gave me relief through the night and into the mid morning. Then I took 4mg of zofran mid morning and mid afternoon. And since I get severe reflux while pregnant, I chewed papaya enzymes and took zantac 150. Also, eat whatever sounds good. Don't worry too much about nutrition this early on. The baby will take from your reserves and you have plenty of time to pack in the nutrients. Right now, it is about SURVIVAL!!

Hope you feel better soon!

Christylkeller 02-14-2013 08:19 AM

Unisom + 50 mg of B6 before bed! It was a wonder drug! I always end up with HG, but this time I was able to keep it under better control. I took Unisom + B6 at bedtime, which gave me relief through the night and into the mid morning. Then I took 4mg of zofran mid morning and mid afternoon. And since I get severe reflux while pregnant, I chewed papaya enzymes and took zantac 150. Also, eat whatever sounds good. Don't worry too much about nutrition this early on. The baby will take from your reserves and you have plenty of time to pack in the nutrients. Right now, it is about SURVIVAL!!

Maddalena 02-14-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christylkeller (Post 16287857)

Thank you. Gotta see if I can take unisom with other meds I take.