Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Testing the WAHM Waters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Want to work from home/work for myself (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1491781)

cpamamma 02-14-2013 02:53 PM

I am a CPA and its been my dream since DD1 was born to work for myself with a small group of clients so I could also spend more time with her. Now that DD2 is here I am even more desperate to make it happen. I have been licensed since 2009, and doing this kind of work since 2008.

1. do you feel I have enough experience. IE would you hire a CPA with 4-5 years experience?

2. anyone else in a similar career doing it on their own?

Thanks ladies!

MotherMoonPads 02-14-2013 03:53 PM

Re: Want to work from home/work for myself

I have no advice, but someday I hope to be in your shoes! I start working on my MBA this August and (if all goes well) will be a CPA in 2-2.5 years.

cpamamma 02-14-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherMoonPads
I have no advice, but someday I hope to be in your shoes! I start working on my MBA this August and (if all goes well) will be a CPA in 2-2.5 years.

Well congrats! Being a CPA is a challenging and rewarding career :)

rellasmommy 06-14-2013 08:53 PM

following...

JennGlidden 06-17-2013 07:35 PM

I knew a CPA who was a stay at home mom.

Marketing will be the most important thing for getting the word out and getting the clientele you want to work with.

cpamamma 06-17-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennGlidden
I knew a CPA who was a stay at home mom.

Marketing will be the most important thing for getting the word out and getting the clientele you want to work with.

Thanks for the reply! I have been doing lots of research on this lately. My family and I are moving out of state and once we get settled I will be kicking into high gear in time for tax season.

I have been working with high net worth individuals and would want to have just a couple high net worth clients that I could focus on.

I know getting quality clients will be the hard part!

MrsAwesome 06-18-2013 01:34 PM

I am a writer and I can definitely say that marketing yourself and your services is the hardest part. I've had to put that on hold and take up some contract work this past year because I just could not keep up with it. After my first comes in December, I'm hoping to get back into being more independent with my clients. I'm already making my marketing plan!

jengojengo 06-18-2013 01:35 PM

With working at home, it's the client - finding that can make or break you. If you got a website that had good SEO for your local area, that could help with lead generation.