Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Blood spot on ultrasound. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1491840)

HappiMom 02-14-2013 08:06 PM

Blood spot on ultrasound.

I am 8 weeks pregnant and had my first ultrasound yesterday. The heart beat was strong but there was a dark spot in the ultrasound that the doctor said was blood between the amniotic sac and uterine wall. She said I'm at a higher risk for a miscarriage. She told me to "take it easy" meaning no strenuous activity, no running and to stop picking up my 2 year old daughter. I am little freaked out by this news because I'm not sure how I'm going to avoid picking up my daughter.

Has anyone else had this happen? I'm wondering how common it is and how often it turns out fine? How often it doesn't? I'm also wondering if there's anything I can do to "heal" this spot more quickly, like drink more fluids? Avoid caffeine - more so than I have been? :headscratch:

mibarra 02-14-2013 08:35 PM

Is it a SCH (Subchorionic Hemorrhage) ? If so you could research that. If you trust your doc Id personally try my best to follow his advice, although obviously a 2 year old will need to be picked up sometimes. I've been working with mine on holding my hand instead of being carried, and sitting down on the couch and letting her climb up for cuddles instead just in case I end up with another c-section.... good luck!!

cdeweese 02-14-2013 08:43 PM

Re: Blood spot on ultrasound.

I had a sub chorionic hemorrhage until 10 weeks. I had spotting one day and they told me in the ER that I would have a MC. This is my sixth pregnancy and I just couldn't put my feet up with a 1 and 2 year old at home. I even ran a half marathon 2 days before we discovered it was resolved :) My OB said there is nothing you can do. Live your life as usual and I did. It was really great advice and I was able to enjoy being pregnant. I have horrible migraines, so cutting out caffeine is NOT an option (they make me vomit uncontrollably). By all means, follow Dr's orders and stay hydrated, but don't beat yourself up or worry yourself sick. I had bright red bleeding and it eventually resolved itself.

HappiMom 02-14-2013 10:15 PM

OK. I think that's what it is, but I may email her and ask. I haven't had any bleeding at all and was just going about my business. Now I feel like every time I pick up my daughter I'm doing it so awkwardly because I'm conscience of this thing. Like I'm going to strain my self and make it worse now, you know? It just wish she could have given me a window of time that I can stop worrying about it, but I guess as the pregnancy progresses we'll just have to see. Did you get extra ultrasounds once the doc knew about this? I'm kind of hoping she'll check it the next time I go in.

HappiMom 02-14-2013 10:25 PM

Another thing, the doctor asked me if my job pays disability and then gave me paperwork about state funded disability. Is that a bad sign???

stevensmom 02-14-2013 10:27 PM

I had SCH 3 times in 3 different pregnancies.

unfortunately those 3 pregnancies ended in m/c :(

This pregnancy my dr put me on baby aspirin to help prevent clots...which I think is what helped me get this far in my pregnancy (12.5 weeks).

:hugs:

apboyles 02-14-2013 10:33 PM

I had one with my first pregnancy and that ended in the two year old that is currently trying to "sit on mommy". I did spot a little for awhile, probably until the end of the first trimester but it wasn't too worrisome to me. In fact, I didn't even know I'd had it until I moved at the beginning of the third trimester and asked for my records to take with me.

HappiMom 02-14-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevensmom (Post 16290908)
I had SCH 3 times in 3 different pregnancies.

unfortunately those 3 pregnancies ended in m/c :(

This pregnancy my dr put me on baby aspirin to help prevent clots...which I think is what helped me get this far in my pregnancy (12.5 weeks).

:hugs:

So sorry to hear that.

Wow, it sounds like there is such a range of what this could mean for me.

jackyl08 02-14-2013 11:21 PM

I had a large SCH with my second. I gushed blood at 8w4d, then spotted on/off until 15wks. He's now a healthy 18mth old!

Sarawithouth 02-15-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappiMom
Another thing, the doctor asked me if my job pays disability and then gave me paperwork about state funded disability. Is that a bad sign???

Was it meant for after you have the baby? You can collect disability then.