Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   whats the best diaper bag? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1492080)

alyssamama22 02-15-2013 05:08 PM

whats the best diaper bag?

What would u all suggest to get? I have a 1 yr old and another due anyday so I'm going to be packing for 2 all the time. I also wanted to have a bag I can use as a purse for me to put my things in so I don't need 2 bags. What bags are the best out there to get. I am cd too so I'm assuming I will need more room for the diapers too. Any suggestions??!! Thanks in advance :)

alyssamama22 02-15-2013 05:29 PM

Anyone?

March 02-15-2013 05:42 PM

I liked my JuJuBe Be Prepared when I needed a bag to do all the things you described. Now I have a minivan to store spillover and prefer to carry a smaller bag; I have a Petunia Pickle Bottom Boxy Backpack that I enjoy so much. But it's not as functional for an overpacker as a Be Prepared.

rchamberlain 02-15-2013 06:13 PM

Re: whats the best diaper bag?

After 3 kids, I just got a Skip Hop Studio bag off of Ebay that I love! It has so many pockets (I have the bronze/brown color) and outside bottle pockets. I usually use an LL Bean Backpack or tote bag, but this looks so stylish! Love the stroller clasps, also. It has an antimicrobial pocket in the back, too, that zips shut and comes with a changing pad. I scored mine for $25, so don't give up!

crunchyNurseMommy 02-15-2013 06:46 PM

I have a petunia pickle bottom sashay satchel. I love it!!! I have gotten so many compliments!!!

It is a purse & you can wear it as a backpack too.
I just have one little one right now but will have a newborn soon. I think I could fit a good amount in there for both.

Btw I have tried Ju Ju be between, packabe, BFF & mighty be. Also a skip hop duo & didn't care for those. The packabe was a close second to my PPB SS

Wholemom 02-15-2013 06:50 PM

Petunia Pickle bottom sashay satchel or any of Timi and Leslie bags

shan1212 02-15-2013 06:56 PM

I love the look of the Petunia Pickle Bottom backpack, but I didn't find it comfortable when I tried it on.

I have four JuJuBe diaper bags. The first one I got was the Be Prepared (because I was about to have two in diapers and often spend the day on foot with just the stroller, so I couldn't depend on backup stuff in the car). Well, honestly, that was overkill. I use it as an overnight bag.

So then I got the BFF, which I do love. With careful packing (it lends itself to good organization with all the compartments and features) I was able to have diapers, backup outfits, etc. for two kids.

Now that my toddler is potty trained, I use the smaller Hobobe. All I need is 1-2 diapers for the baby, a pair of undies and leggings "just in case" for the toddler, a few toys, snacks, etc. I throw my wallet and cell phone in and go. When I'm leaving the house sans kids, I throw them in a small clutch purse. I was using a larger purse, but I found that it just became an unofficial second diaper bag, and I was tired of finding crayons and diapers in my purse on the rare exciting excursion without kids.

The toddler and I are spending a weekend at Disney World in a few weeks, so I got the Be Right Back because I love JJB bags, obviously, and I wanted a true backpack for ease of use. And obviously I have a diaper bag collecting problem. ;)

crunchyNurseMommy 02-15-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shan1212

The toddler and I are spending a weekend at Disney World in a few weeks, so I got the Be Right Back because I love JJB bags, obviously, and I wanted a true backpack for ease of use. And obviously I have a diaper bag collecting problem. ;)

Do you have the brb 1 or 2. Sorry to thread jack. Wanting to see who loves the version 2

fabulousmindy 02-15-2013 07:29 PM

Love my jujube BFF I did a lot of research and read tons of reviews before investing and I am so glad I did. We hated the one I had before this!

Alaga 02-15-2013 07:34 PM

JJB's are addicting, be careful!! :)

I have a BeAll that I love for daily use. I have a toddler and a baby, but pack pretty light. Huge fan of the messenger style!