Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Postpartum Mama Cloth (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1492098)

Mommyto2B2G 02-15-2013 06:37 PM

Postpartum Mama Cloth
 
I've never used PP mama cloth but I do use reg. mama cloth. I want to make sure I have enough so how many would you order and how often would I be washing with that amount?
All I remember from 7 years ago giving birth were those horrible mesh diapers and diaper pads the hospital wrapped around me. :giggle: They were horrifying! I can't remember how much I bled but I am sure it was an average to heavy amount.

Oh! Add in: Would you also use heavy flow as well or is it really important that it is postpartum cloth?

MamaLump 02-15-2013 07:05 PM

Re: Postpartum Mama Cloth
 
:popcorn: I'd like to add to the question. I've got a bunch of the crappy Gerber prefolds that work fine as burp cloths. Could they work as PP mama cloth?

lynn97 02-15-2013 10:56 PM

I am just using my regular mama cloth but I have bought 3 extra pp pads for overnights. I plan to use the hospital pads for the first couple days. From what I recall, that is the worse bleeding. I really have no idea what is normal, though, as I had several hemorrhages after DS was born. Hopefully my regular heavy flow pads will cover me through the day and the big pp pads will get me through overnight.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

lovebabies 02-16-2013 12:47 PM

With my latest baby I wore Depends for the first two days, and then switched to regular mama cloth. I think mine would be considered heavy flow pads. I made them...fleece back, two layers of zorb, OBV top, and about 9" long. They worked well for me.

Bukawww 02-16-2013 01:05 PM

I made the mistake of using plastic for the first few days - tried the cloth on day 3 and as usual wondered what in the heck I was thinking!!!

I used about 4-6 pads a day. I was grateful for the super huge pp cloth for a day or two and nights but found regular 12" non flared heavy pads worked just fine really. Definitely needed a full wing pad but I always prefer that over tabbed wings.

gingerpeachee 02-16-2013 03:11 PM

Re: Postpartum Mama Cloth
 
Get a few PP pads, they'll come in handy for nights and heavy days later on anyway.

gingerpeachee 02-16-2013 03:13 PM

Re: Postpartum Mama Cloth
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaLump (Post 16294176)
:popcorn: I'd like to add to the question. I've got a bunch of the crappy Gerber prefolds that work fine as burp cloths. Could they work as PP mama cloth?

Depends on the gerber prefolds you have. The ones with poly stuffing in the middle I wouldn't use for anything since stuffing isn't absorbent. If you have the skinny ones that are 100% cotton then I think you could finagle it into working if you wanted to.

Pampered Mama 02-16-2013 03:57 PM

Re: Postpartum Mama Cloth
 
I've heard of lots of women mention that prefolds make nice cheap pp cloth :-)

I recommend enough to change every 2-3 hours. The pads that are generally ordered for pp are the 13" PP (great for heavy overnights later) and 11" Heavy, both have the same number of layers, they are just different sizes. Each is designed with a pocket opening to insert a reusable wide or narrow ice pack.

lovebabies 02-16-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovebabies
With my latest baby I wore Depends for the first two days, and then switched to regular mama cloth. I think mine would be considered heavy flow pads. I made them...fleece back, two layers of zorb, OBV top, and about 9" long. They worked well for me.

Correction: mine are more like 11" long. ;) I have about 15 of them, though I mainly used about 9, washing every other day-ish.

doulamomma 02-16-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pampered Mama (Post 16296981)
I've heard of lots of women mention that prefolds make nice cheap pp cloth :-)

I recommend enough to change every 2-3 hours. The pads that are generally ordered for pp are the 13" PP (great for heavy overnights later) and 11" Heavy, both have the same number of layers, they are just different sizes. Each is designed with a pocket opening to insert a reusable wide or narrow ice pack.

I got some pampered mama pp.cloth and they are awesome!!!

Sent from my droid


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors