Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Am I pregnant? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1492310)

kim-RT 02-16-2013 05:11 PM

Am I pregnant?

So I've taken 4 tests, all negative (2 home 2 doc). Bleeding like normal (usually 4 days) except for last month (had 2 separate 2 day periods). I started feeling "movement" in the uterus and some nausea last 2 weeks. Docs say I'm not prego but has scheduled an ultrasound.

What do you ladies think? Should I get my hopes up or not? BTW this would be baby #2. TIA

mommyshanti 02-16-2013 07:32 PM

Re: Am I pregnant?

maybe you got prego after tests were taken?? idk if doc tests and your test were neg. i wouldn't get hopes up but would be pleasantly surprised if i were. when is us??

firemommaof1 02-16-2013 07:38 PM

Hmmm very strange. I wouldn't get my hopes up. I feel phantom kicks once in a while... When is your ultrasound?

stevensmom 02-16-2013 07:41 PM

It's way to early to be feeling "movement" imo. I didn't start feeling movement with this one until 12 weeks. And even then its sporadic.

I agree about the phantom kicks.

I would take another test and wait until your u/s

Mom2Connor 02-17-2013 08:46 AM

How far along are you thinking you are? I would say no, 4 negative tests and you wouldn't be feeling movement for several months at beat. While there are always people who say they can feel the baby very early on, usually it's 20+ weeks for most.

Tris 02-17-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevensmom (Post 16297471)
It's way to early to be feeling "movement" imo. I didn't start feeling movement with this one until 12 weeks. And even then its sporadic.

I agree about the phantom kicks.

I would take another test and wait until your u/s

:thumbsup:

ankc 02-17-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kim-RT
So I've taken 4 tests, all negative (2 home 2 doc). Bleeding like normal (usually 4 days) except for last month (had 2 separate 2 day periods). I started feeling "movement" in the uterus and some nausea last 2 weeks. Docs say I'm not prego but has scheduled an ultrasound.

What do you ladies think? Should I get my hopes up or not? BTW this would be baby #2. TIA

4 neg tests? I dunno... I would think if you were actually pg a test would pick it up- they are pretty accurate now a days. I have phantom kicks all the time, could actually be gas? GL and hope u conceive soon.

EmilytheStrange 02-17-2013 12:00 PM

Agree with everything except the quality of at-home tests :)

I got tons of phantom kicks when not pregnant.

And stress could easily mess up your cycles and PMS and early pregnancy symptoms are pretty much the same.

But good luck to you. There are reasons why the show 'i didn't know I was pregnant' exist.

mommyshanti 02-17-2013 12:21 PM

I don't think any of those ladies even tested though lol. if you are before 14 then at home might not pick up(got ine 9dpo). if you are trying to test like 7 days after O then no tests don't usually pick up that early. obviously you would not be feeling babe anywhere around any of this time and if you were far along enough to feel babe then would be far enough along for any test to be positive. you sound like you really want to be prego so I hope you have kept dtd and are:)

EmilytheStrange 02-17-2013 12:53 PM

You're probably right. But I do know that some women don't seem to get accurate home tests.

But with dr tests in there, those should be pretty accurate.