Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What do you do while breastfeeding??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1492692)

Steph Ed 02-18-2013 09:32 AM

What do you do while breastfeeding???

My little 2-week-old angel, she loves Momma's breast. And, I know we are going to be spending a lot of time together in the coming years. In the past few days, she has become more alert and not sleeping so much through our sessions. I sing to her a lot (poor thing!) or describe what's happening on T.V. or just simply talk to her. I have a 10 and 8 year old whom I breastfed for a month each, so this is 'new' to me.

So, I began wondering what other mothers do while breastfeeding. I know there is much NAKing around here, but what else? What's the funniest/weirdest thing you've done? I'm excited to hear what you all have to say!

l_Kimmie_l 02-18-2013 09:54 AM

Re: What do you do while breastfeeding???

I have had a full brazillian wax while nursing before. On a normal day I am wrestling a 10 month old's nursing gymnastics, NAK here or facebook, and drinking water.

Steph Ed 02-18-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l (Post 16302452)
I have had a full brazillian wax while nursing before. On a normal day I am wrestling a 10 month old's nursing gymnastics, NAK here or facebook, and drinking water.

WOW! I did NOT expect that one, lol!

adjroberts 02-18-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l (Post 16302452)

Lol! I say "No! We don't bite mommy! No!"
My nursling is a 10 mo with a brand new tooth :)

waterisntsomething 02-18-2013 10:11 AM

Well DS is a sipper now but when he was little I watched a lot of movies and spent a lot of time online. I took an online class. I watched Pulp Fiction for the first time. I discovered Diaperswappers!

mumtothem 02-18-2013 10:12 AM

I either talk/sing, on fb DDC, on DS, eating or playing with the DSs on the floor.
Weirdest thing Ive done while nursing is throwing up when I had the stomach bug.It was one of those sudden puke with no warning and he just stayed latched on.Dont ask me why I didnt unlatch him and put him down because I have no clue.

lara.jenkins 02-18-2013 10:24 AM

Ipad, catch up on what everyone else not nursing 23 hrs a day are doing. Read to my older son, stalk blogs, obsessively watch toddlers in tiaras. The brat tier the better (thank you netflix)

Van1300 02-18-2013 10:56 AM

When I was home with my LO, I watched a lot of TV or texted with friends. I'm back at work now so I play on my work computer or actually work while pumping. At home, I nurse and talk to my 3 year old about her day. Sometimes I eat since I am already sitting down. At night I tend to snooze or listen to music.

Weirdest thing I've done while nursing was clean the house. My guy was in his wrap and enjoying a snack and I was trying to sweep and mop. It worked until he got too big!

l_Kimmie_l 02-18-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph Ed (Post 16302509)
WOW! I did NOT expect that one, lol!

DS3 would not wait. He wanted Mommy so I was laying on the table and whipped out a boob. I figured it would not bother the person doing the wax...LOL! She was amazed. My hubby was too.

abunchoflemons 02-18-2013 11:43 AM

wordfeud game, ds, talk to baby boy. girl i had to say no biting after started to teething.... noice things like good boy/ girl for eating well...
watch tv. once i had to feed & make supper with girl.... challenge.....