Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Do you love Grovia shells? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1492743)

greencrunchymama 02-18-2013 11:35 AM

Do you love Grovia shells?

I'm thinking about trying Grovia shells. I like that there is no exposed PUL. Can I trifold prefolds or pad fold flats in these? Do they also work as a cover over fitteds? I'm using Flips right now.

ETA: is there any wing droop in these? I'd get snaps!

simplyleah87 02-18-2013 11:36 AM

I love them! I have a skinny kid and they're perfect. Never a leak. You could definitely use prefolds and flips in them but I think a fitted would be too bulky

P!nkPepper 02-18-2013 11:38 AM

I have 3 shells that I use over padfolded flats, Thirsties hemp inserts, Alva bamboo 3 layer inserts, and the Flip flats also padfolded. I doubt they would work over a fitted as they are narrow like a SoftBums Echo so very trim.

They are very nice thought. I have the Vanilla H&L.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k

greencrunchymama 02-18-2013 11:42 AM

Re: Do you love Grovia shells?

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplyleah87 (Post 16302915)
I love them! I have a skinny kid and they're perfect. Never a leak. You could definitely use prefolds and flips in them but I think a fitted would be too bulky

Cool! They just might be perfect for the diaper bag!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quickshep19 (Post 16302922)
I have 3 shells that I use over padfolded flats, Thirsties hemp inserts, Alva bamboo 3 layer inserts, and the Flip flats also padfolded. I doubt they would work over a fitted as they are narrow like a SoftBums Echo so very trim.

They are very nice thought. I have the Vanilla H&L.

Great, thanks! Have you ever used Flips? Do you like the Grovias better?

jam's mum 02-18-2013 11:44 AM

They are surprisingly tiny. I got her one on FSOT, and I'm a little nervous to pop a flip on - and she's little for her age! Going to bite the bullet tonight.

greencrunchymama 02-18-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jam's mum (Post 16302964)
They are surprisingly tiny. I got her one on FSOT, and I'm a little nervous to pop a flip on - and she's little for her age! Going to bite the bullet tonight.

Hmm! I wish I could see one in person first! ;) My DD is tiny too.

allthingsgodly 02-18-2013 11:47 AM

I'm new and this is my first post. But, I ordered my 7th GroVia shell yesterday evening. I am such a GroVia nut. I love them. I get the stay-dry soaker pads and they absorb a lot of moisture. Can stay on baby for 3 hours and still be dry (it's made of cotton/fleece hemp). LOVE the GroVia brand, hope you give it a go.

greencrunchymama 02-18-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allthingsgodly (Post 16302981)
I'm new and this is my first post. But, I ordered my 7th GroVia shell yesterday evening. I am such a GroVia nut. I love them. I get the stay-dry soaker pads and they absorb a lot of moisture. Can stay on baby for 3 hours and still be dry (it's made of cotton/fleece hemp). LOVE the GroVia brand, hope you give it a go.

Wow!! That is awesome. I think I may just have to get one! ;)

allthingsgodly 02-18-2013 11:52 AM

Are you thinking of buying on here? Or brand new? Brand new is like $16.95 everywhere I have looked. Let me know if you find a good deal or know a seller. :)

P!nkPepper 02-18-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greencrunchymama (Post 16302951)

Cool! They just might be perfect for the diaper bag!

Great, thanks! Have you ever used Flips? Do you like the Grovias better?

I like the Grovia better than Flips for my son. He has issues with the inside PUL strip on the tummy and they are way to wide for him. He is very petite so the narrowness of Grovia & SoftBums Echos work well.

I had a huge stash of BGE, 4.0 & Flip and hated that I had to sell them all off. I tried again with the BF sale (b1g1) and they were still too wide.