Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   tagalong vrs bike trailer?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1492747)

galesville1980 02-18-2013 11:46 AM

tagalong vrs bike trailer??

we have a going to be 3 and 4 year old in march...we are looking to start taking up biking and wondered what route we should go..tagalong vrs bike trailer? Pros and cons of both?

luvsviola 02-18-2013 12:40 PM

Re: tagalong vrs bike trailer??

I prefer the trailer because I can put other stuff in it, and they are easy to find used, then resell. The trailer is awesome for going to the pool in the summer because you can fill it with rafts, towels, etc.

irishdancemomma 02-18-2013 02:28 PM

We also have a trailer and I love it. I can see how it might be a super bumpy ride for lo, but he doesn't seem to mind. :)

debmom2boyz 02-18-2013 03:10 PM

I was wondering this same thing. We would need the tagalong, though, my son is 6.

abunchoflemons 02-18-2013 03:28 PM

trailers can be nice to be sstroller too & use to get groceries etc.burley easy to fold up & easy to change bikes (new ones). 2 kids 50 lbs kids & nice to take if u driving to bike trail.

tagalongs nice if they are ok balancing & help u . sometimes they wiggle too much i hear so u have to be strong with all the ants in their pants.
y
my 8 yr old now @ 4 could keep up or go ok speed for me so her own bike was fine... she was early learner to rid bike of trainers.

luvsviola 02-18-2013 03:48 PM

My 6 year old still rides in our trailer just fine. We have a Schwinn one.

R055ANA 02-18-2013 04:36 PM

I have a 4 yr old DD and we have a trailer. I agree w/ all the other PPers that w/ a trailer you can stuff stuff in there in addition to the child. I also like that DD can fall asleep in the trailer, can't do that in a tag along. : )

I bought mine used and may also resell when she gets too big for it.

Ours isn't fancy, we got it from CL and are quite pleased w/ it.

Best wishes!

Tina5834 02-18-2013 07:34 PM

Hijacking!

What kind of trailer do you all have?

Suzi 02-18-2013 08:29 PM

Love our tag a long! You could put a trailer behind it. We do backpacks instead. Rides much easier. Trailers really make some wind resistance. M son can wiggle it side to side a little but it doesn't bother me. We had a schwinn trailer, mark 3. It was an awesome trailer but when my kids were 3&4 that was 60 pounds or so I was pulling. Our tag a long is an instep

Green Decals 02-19-2013 10:24 AM

I do both LOL. The trail-a-bike is hooked to my bike and the trailer is hooked to the trail-a-bike. Last summer DS1 was 5 and DS2 was 3. This summer I will either have the baby in a seat on the back of my bike (in addition to the "train") or in the infant car seat inside the trailer with DS2. We have an in-step brand trailer and a Trek trail-a-bike.