Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   ugh. fetal positioning issues. baby is IN my right hip. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1492759)

Kiliki 02-18-2013 12:35 PM

ugh. fetal positioning issues. baby is IN my right hip.

Any suggestions smart mamas?

I'm 37 wks as of tomorrow. At my appt last week, my MW mentioned that my baby's head seems to be kind of wedged into my right hip. Which makes sense, as when I sit, I ten to shift my weight to my right side, I lean to the right side, I walk leading out with my right foot, etc.

But I'm worried this will cause issues in labor. Will it? Anyone know?

I looked at spinningbabies.com. I find their website difficult to navigate and understand. (which is strange, b/c I'm no internet newbie) I found a page about doing lunges, which is also what my MW recommended.

I was able to get the baby to move by doing some lunges, and could feel him more centered in my pelvis. But as soon as I lay or sit down, he shifts back to the right. Any ideas?

I'm incredibly frustrated, and I don't want to have a long, drawn out, difficult labor b/c this baby likes to wedge his head in my right hip.

I'm planning a chiro visit this week sometime. But I'm still pretty concerned, since - unless I stand up until labor hits - this baby seems determined to do a head stand in my right hip bone.... :banghead:

Kiliki 02-18-2013 12:41 PM

Re: ugh. fetal positioning issues. baby is IN my right hip.

and now I can't get spinningbabies to come up at all. :headscratch: was gonna try again to figure it out... guess not.

Tris 02-18-2013 12:51 PM

I can't get the site up either, they must be having issues. Did the midwife seem worried? I'd think if he can move into position (even if he's moving back out), the main thing is that he's head down right?

Kiliki 02-18-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tris (Post 16303279)
I can't get the site up either, they must be having issues. Did the midwife seem worried? I'd think if he can move into position (even if he's moving back out), the main thing is that he's head down right?

he is head down. (yay!)

The MW just had a baby about 6 mos ago herself, and her son was wedged in her hip, and it took 50+ hrs of labor, moving to different positions, etc. to get him to move out of her hip and descend into her pelvis to be born. She also had tons of prodromal labor.

So, I think as a result of that, she is mentioning it to me in a "Hey, if we can correct this now, it can save you in the long haul" kind of way. Head down is most important, IMO. But then I also don't want to suffer through an incredibly long labor b/c the baby is mal-positioned, either. KWIM?

mibarra 02-18-2013 01:54 PM

Well, there's head down and head down, KWIM? Have you thought about getting chiropractic adjustments? And trying to shift more to your left when sitting etc? :)

EmilytheStrange 02-18-2013 01:55 PM

spinningbabies is really confusing.

try this site:
http://www.milescircuit.com/

Kiliki 02-18-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 16303532)
spinningbabies is really confusing.

try this site:
http://www.milescircuit.com/

Thanks! I'm off to try those now! I can feel this baby's head grinding in my hip as I type....

homebirthmom 02-18-2013 02:35 PM

yes it will cause issues as the ligament on that side is not allowing baby to fully drop or be in the right position. getting adjusted or you putting pressure on the ligament will allow it to relax and baby will shift IMMEDIATELY. it doesnt feel good but once baby drops its so much better. and yes, labor can be much longer as well as pushing if you do not correct that.

if you see a chiro, ask for the websters technique

AniMommy 02-18-2013 07:51 PM

Just my experience, my 2nd baby was on my right side head down at 36 to 38 weeks. I started freaking out although my dr was unconcerned.. One evening I noticed the baby was traverse. I thought oh great now I'm breech. By the morning, the baby was on the left side head down. She stayed that way until birth. I didn't do anything to make this happen, so don't give up hope that it will work out.

Kiliki 02-19-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homebirthmom (Post 16303646)
yes it will cause issues as the ligament on that side is not allowing baby to fully drop or be in the right position. getting adjusted or you putting pressure on the ligament will allow it to relax and baby will shift IMMEDIATELY. it doesnt feel good but once baby drops its so much better. and yes, labor can be much longer as well as pushing if you do not correct that.

if you see a chiro, ask for the websters technique

Thanks! This is what I am concerned about.

I will def be seeing a chiro sometime this week. I am 37 wks exactly today, and I wanted to wait for the magic number 37 wks before I got the adjustment, just in case it send me into labor (highly doubtful, but I'd hate to get the adjustment and go into labor at 36w6d and have to deliver in a hospital!! (MW here cannot attend homebirths prior to 37 wks)). So before the week is out, I will see a chiro. Just have to arrange child care.

I will ask about the webster technique! Thanks! :)