Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Hospital tour.. Best time? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1492791)

liveelou 02-18-2013 02:40 PM

Hospital tour.. Best time?

At what point in your pregnancy is the best time to get a tour of the hospital you're delivering at? I'm almost 18 weeks and I'm getting antsy! I know I should wait at least a few weeks, but should I wait til the 3rd trimester?

EmilytheStrange 02-18-2013 02:49 PM

Re: Hospital tour.. Best time?

there's no reason to wait at all if you ask me.

I was the earliest person there when I went, I was in my second trimester and everyone else was in their 3rd. But, I needed to choose between 2 different hospitals and I wanted to decide earlier rather than later.

the only downside is that now I have a lot of questions I want to ask that I didn't have before (although I had plenty at that time too!), so I've been considering going again. I won't... but I am ready to meet with them again so I can ask a few things :)

abunchoflemons 02-18-2013 03:01 PM

ifyou know where do it and get it over so toy know it. I did mine like weight years ago and delivers 2 more kids there.

3 ladybugs 02-18-2013 03:02 PM

Great question! I am trying to figure out when DS should have his sibling class. I am thinking in May or so after the danger time of the cold and flu season. :) I am due in August, but will deliver in July.

Saraf 02-18-2013 03:02 PM

Good advice! I went on my third trimester. I had more questions than I would have in my first trimester. Also, who says you cannot visit the hospital twice? I think it is a good idea to visit twoce to ask questions that come to mind when you are getting closer.

MommaLEB 02-18-2013 04:42 PM

Last time I had to go to the hospital for my glucose tolerance test, I was able to tour the maternity floor while waiting my hour. It worked very nicely.

aaiya 02-19-2013 04:20 AM

Guess it depends on the reason for your visit...choosing between more than one hospital, have lots of questions about their policies, need to get a visual? For me, I just wanted to make sure birthing day wasn't my first encounter with the facility. I wanted to have *something* in my head for my birth visualization stuff.

You Tell 'Em 02-19-2013 09:12 AM

I didn't go until 38 weeks I think I was :blush: I had to pre-register and really didn't have many questions except for labor tub usage (which I went too fast for anyway). It was a new hospital to me, never had been there or driven by it before so I wanted to go to know where exactly it was. :giggle: