Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Kid poo question - TMI (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493175)

DottieHarley 02-19-2013 05:37 PM

Kid poo question - TMI

So DD has had a couple weird poos over the past couple days. Loose, and very, very, very pale. Almost white. She does not have a fever and is acting perfectly normal. Her belly is not hard or distended. in between she has had several normal poos. No food allergies and no new foods that we can think of.
Her daycare ladies - who have seen everything - said they have never seen this. Have you, and do you think it's anything to worry about?

IowaGold 02-19-2013 06:46 PM

How old is your DD? My 10 month old DD had something very similar a week ago. I remember commenting that her BM on Saturday was pasty (her's is usually pretty firm). Then she had blowouts both Monday and Tuesday of whitish very loose stool then it started getting a bit more solid and brown again by Wednesday. It's pretty normal now. My DD never acted sick and seemed to get over it quickly. I just figured it was a bug.

EmilytheStrange 02-19-2013 06:48 PM

Re: Kid poo question - TMI

My daughter has had extremely loose - almost watery - pale, almost white poop all day today.

but she has a stomach bug. No fever. Acting mostly normal.

so, that's all I've got. You might be looking at a mild bug?

iheartua07 02-19-2013 07:53 PM

DS had a BM that was almost white. The pedi said it was from a stomach bug even though he showed no other symptoms.

jessnic 02-19-2013 11:29 PM

We spent hours in the ER for two days of white loose foul smelling poo. Diagnosis, normal stomach bug. No other symptoms. Just told me to monitor temp closely and behavior to make sure he continued to do well.

DottieHarley 02-20-2013 02:47 AM

Thanks! Stomach bug makes sense, I am getting over one myself. DH is going to keep an eye on the dipes today and see what he thinks. Come to think of it, her appetite's been a little off but I was chalking it up to being two. At least she seems to be feeling okay.

Bhavana 02-20-2013 04:42 AM

Re: Kid poo question - TMI

Probiotics. A good quality one. It is my number one goto whenever my kids have an upset tummy/are on antibiotics.

It makes them rebound so much faster. And I say "I'll take a constipated kid anyday over a kid with loose BMs"

DottieHarley 02-24-2013 01:05 PM

Just an update: it was clearly a stomach bug. The weird poos, lack of appetite, and slight listlessness hung around for about a week. Now she is bouncing off the walls and eating like a teenage boy :-)
How do I know it was a bug, you ask? Because I wound up with the same exact thing :-(. DH is busy washing the house down with bleach!
We did get some probiotics, and I can't say for sure as we were already on the upswing, but I do think they made a difference! Thanks fir the suggestion!