Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Stroller Recommendations? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493420)

WVflipflopmama 02-20-2013 12:08 PM

Stroller Recommendations?

I'm looking into purchasing a stroller for our baby due in May. Originally, I was going to get the one that matches our carseat (Graco snug ride 40) to complete the travel system. I'm just not sure what I want yet. I would like to keep the price point under $150, and of course ease of use and safety are concerns. I need recommendations, what do you have and what do you love/hate about it?

mkrisel 02-20-2013 12:28 PM

I would go to the store and push them around, fold them up, and check out storage space to see what works for you. We searched forever to find a smaller stroller that was comfortable for DH to push since he's taller. Hate the storage basket because there is a bar in the middle of it.

momma@2 02-20-2013 12:31 PM

Re: Stroller Recommendations?

I had a tavel system with my first....SO BIG AND BULKY!!
With my LO I have a stroller frame and LOVE IT!! So light and easy to manuver!!!

NotLad 02-20-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkrisel (Post 16311765)
I would go to the store and push them around, fold them up, and check out storage space to see what works for you. We searched forever to find a smaller stroller that was comfortable for DH to push since he's taller. Hate the storage basket because there is a bar in the middle of it.

This is great advice.

I turned out not to e a stroller user. My first kid preferred to be worn up Until he was three and I wore the second one until he wanted to walk. Since #2 prefers to walk, I just use the kid leash.

Personally, I found the travel system to be too bulky for quick use and the umbrella stroller too flimsy for long term use.

I always coveted the Phil and Ted, but could never justify the price. My gf had the snap and go and I always thought that was a good idea too.

luvsviola 02-20-2013 12:45 PM

My very favorite after owning somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 strollers is the Baby Jogger City Mini with a Diono brand console velcro'd on.

If you take the hood off, and buy the belly bar, set in the lower set of holes, it fits an infant seat perfectly for a lot less than the carseat attachment.

My work has photobucket blocked, but I will try to post a pic tonight.

sandrc 02-20-2013 03:05 PM

i bought an inglesina zippy stroller for my first 7 years ago. i still have it and it still looks almost new even though it's on kid 2 and has been through the malls, vacations and even through the horse pasture. it's very much worth every penny i spent, i bought it off ebay i think. it has an attachment to use with infant seats (i never used this) and while it's a full size stroller it folds up like an umbrella stroller and can easily fit on the floor between the back and front seats of an extended cab pickup. it's lightweight and can be folded with one hand and lifted into the trunk or the back of my suv with one hand.

AniMommy 02-20-2013 09:09 PM

For my first I got a really pricy stroller that I never used. My favorite for when baby was nb was a snap and go. You don't have to get baby out of car seat to go into stores and theyre cheap. You can pick one up used for $35.

After nb stage, I like wearing her in an ergo rather than a stroller.

It also depends on if you live in the city and don't have a car vs suburbs. I live in the burbs and rarely use a stroller. My sil lives in NYC and uses hers everyday.

Test collapsing the stroller, you want to be able to do it with one hand.

WVflipflopmama 02-20-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AniMommy (Post 16313901)

It also depends on if you live in the city and don't have a car vs suburbs. I live in the burbs and rarely use a stroller. My sil lives in NYC and uses hers everyday.

Test collapsing the stroller, you want to be able to do it with one hand.

Neither, we live in a rural area. The stroller will most likely be used for walks/camping at a local lake, county fairs, vacation, trips to the mall, etc.

I'm hoping to find something that isn't too hard to steer on different surfaces, folds easy, and that isn't too big to fit in whatever car we finally decide to buy.

Nerissa 02-21-2013 06:49 AM

I would definatly go to a store (buy buy baby or BRU) and push a bunch around and see what you like best.

I am a stoller user. Not a fan of babywearing. I have loved the travel system type strollers for all my kids.

For exercise walking and off road pushing I loved our Instep jogging stroller. It comes with a conversion bar for the infant seat.

Currently I have:
~Chicco single stroller-- works great, my baby trend bucket seat fits in.
~Graco ready to grow double/sit and stand--love, love this stroller. Can't say enough good about it
~Jeep umbrella--wors fine for older kids and short trips. Hate it for long days at mall or fairs where I take a lot of supplies--no storage or place for my drink up
~Instep single jogger---my favorite for off raod and exercise. One had pushing, easy to stear, smooth ride.

Ones I have owned:
Graco single--worked great as a travel system, held up very very well
Graco standard doubl--used this with newborn and 2 year old. Again it was great for me. Big but I was able to handle it easily
Baby Trend sit and stand-- okay. worked but not my favorite
Joovy sit and stand--hated this stroller. Everything about it was too small and too hard to push.