Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Hypnobirthing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493568)

lemon.extract 02-20-2013 07:41 PM

Hypnobirthing

I will be starting a hypnobirthing childbirth class next week and wanted to know what everyone else thought about it. Effective?

dressagemom 02-20-2013 07:57 PM

Re: Hypnobirthing

I took it with my last baby. My only regret was that it took me so long to find it; I really wished I had found it with my first instead of my fifth. Totally worth every penny and every minute, IMO. I am planning to take it again with this one. With my earlier births, I always reached a point where I felt like I was spiraling out of control and just could not stay on top of the contractions. With my last, HBirthing birth, I reached that point as well, but then I remembered what to do/how to relax, and I never felt as though I would lose control. Transition was much easier for me physically and mentally, and I felt much more peaceful through out the entire birth.

chandni3 02-20-2013 08:28 PM

It didn't work for me but I've heard it works great for others. I think for me the problem was they wouldn't admit me, my contractions were really close but not doing anything and so I was forced to roam the hospital halls (the hospital was an hour away) and I wasn't prepared for relaxing standing up, walking in cold, dark hallways. So that just threw everything off. I've heard that hypnobabies helps teach you to relax in all kinds of places and situations. I don't know if this is true, but I do advise you to practice relaxing in all different situations and positions.

Sarah-B 02-20-2013 08:35 PM

It worked wonderful! I was at peace in my birthing time was 14 hrs once the surges got close together & honestly it felt like 3 -4 hrs!!

Just make sure you listen to the tracks on your iPod a lot. Prepare prepare prepare !!
Congrats on your baby!!

aaiya 02-23-2013 09:28 PM

Hypnobirthing (Mongan method)...not all that awesome for me.
HypnoBabies (Kerry Tushoff)...A-MAZ-ING.

I felt like HypnoBabies gave me all the tools to REALLY prepare. Hypnobirthing, they kind of dangled them in front of me. Case in point...the fear clearing script. In my hypnobirthing class (maybe yours will be different?) the instructor lead us through the fear clearing script one time during one of the classes. When we asked if we could have a copy of that script and others to take home and use, she said she wasn't supposed to give out any of the scripts. With HypnoBabies they give you printed copies and CDs of ALL the scripts so you can listen to them a lot to prepare yourself for birth.

amb2j 03-02-2013 01:28 PM

I used hypnobirthing with my first. It was helpful in generally learning how to relax but i wasn't prepared for relaxing in situations other than lying down which was problematic for me because I stalled and had to do numerous birthing exercises for hours to try to get things moving along. I couldn't relax well during that time and really felt uncomfortable/ in pain and overwhelmed. My midwives and I attribute my stalling to being relatively sedentary during labor.

With my second (delivered 6 days ago) I used hypnobabies and the difference was night and day. I was able to talk/ communicate the entire labor (4 hours compared to 24 with my first which I think was due to my ability to relax my body so well). During the drive to the birth center (30 mins) I was completely calm and actually joking with my husband that I knew I was at least 7 cm and still able to joke while in transition in a car (car labor was agony last time). I had a lot less fear which I think was bc I listened to the fear release track daily. Therefore transition/ pushing went quickly and i was able to try many different positions (rather than just lying down as with hypnobirthing) which helped things progress quickly. I did feel pain, but honestly it was only for maybe the last 60-90mins. Everything else id describe as discomfort. Generally my contractions felt short, time passed quickly and everything was very manageable :)

I recommend hypnobabies over hypnobirthing hands down! I will never again birth without it!

Fwiw... Both babies were over 8lbs!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

alyxmegan 03-02-2013 08:32 PM

I'm on week five of my hypnobabies class and I has loved it. I took the class instead of doing the home course because I prefer learning with others. I have had a lot of fun and it has helped me greatly with not being afraid of birth. I am confident that I will have a great birthing time and I am so excited to meet my son.

Zipfelmuetze 03-03-2013 02:58 AM

DH and I are going to attend one (free) hypnobirthing session and 4 days of a (paid) low intervention class. I'm hoping after that I'll be all set! I'm a first time mommy. 'Told my OB today that I plan to go all natural. She said I have to have the IV in and baby monitoring. Good thing I'm not afraid of needles, but the epidural does scare the crap out of me. Hence, I don't want it!

lemon.extract 03-03-2013 02:45 PM

Went to my first hypnobirthing class, I loved and can't wait to use it at my birth :)