Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What do you NOT like about wool? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493571)

junvwekt 02-20-2013 07:55 PM

What do you NOT like about wool?

I'm in the process of talking myself out of buying a bunch of adorable (and expensive) wool soakers for my baby & I would like to hear from some people who have tried wool & decided it wasn't for them.

What are the "cons" of using wool?

I did a search & couldn't find anything. LOL. Does anyone NOT like wool? :D

Tina5834 02-20-2013 07:59 PM

I don't like wool as a cover. I like wool because it's cute and we use it as clothes.

ReadingRenee 02-20-2013 07:59 PM

Re: What do you NOT like about wool?

I use a lot of wool but I hate how long it takes to dry after handwashing it. We live in a humid climate. I also don't like having to handwash and lanolize it. And I hate how if its freshly washed but gets some poop on it that it has to be washed again. But, I still love wool for all the reasons people love it. :)

qsefthuko 02-20-2013 08:04 PM

I hate the price. So wishing the yarn were cheaper.

If you Put out your washed wool in the washer on spin cycle it dries much faster. In the winter hang it on a hanger over an air vent. It will dry in no time.

dagmomma 02-20-2013 08:04 PM

We were allergic.

Washing a lanolizing was a pita for me. I never found a super absorbant fitted for them and the more absorant the fitted the more $ so now it is pricey for wool and pricey for fitteds.

I always freaked out about stains or possible stains.

It is addictive so once you buy a couple forget it bc
then you need soakers
then you need longies
then you need shorties
then you need footies
then you need knitteds
then you need interlock
then you need matching shirts
oh and do not forget the cute soft soled matching shoes.

Most rec changing the wool every diaper change and air drying the wool. Well in one day for us that was ALOT of wool changes and well now you have to change the shirt to match.

But it is so cute!!!

qsefthuko 02-20-2013 08:06 PM

I know this what don't you like but have to say my son got spaghetti sauce ALL OVER the white trim of his longies. It rinsed right out leaving no stain behind. Now you just cannot say that for any other white clothing, child or adult.

nonipie 02-20-2013 08:09 PM

I will say I hate when there are poopsplosions that get on the wool. With a good fitted thought that rarely happens. When I use prefolds it gets old. I don't handwash though. I throw it all in the machine and wash and spin and it dries very quickly that way. I wish I didn't like wool but I love it. I will say I get annoyed sometimes with the reactions from people IRL. No it's not itchy, no he's not hot...I just want to get groceries!

supermomof2 02-20-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadingRenee (Post 16313599)
And I hate how if its freshly washed but gets some poop on it that it has to be washed again.

Agh! I hate this one! ^ We're using wool with flats, though, so I would guess maybe it happens more frequently for us than it would for those who use fitteds. I do really love using wool, though. :)

supermomof2 02-20-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qsefthuko (Post 16313634)
I know this what don't you like but have to say my son got spaghetti sauce ALL OVER the white trim of his longies. It rinsed right out leaving no stain behind. Now you just cannot say that for any other white clothing, child or adult.

Awe. Some. :)

ReadingRenee 02-20-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supermomof2 (Post 16313658)
Agh! I hate this one! ^ We're using wool with flats, though, so I would guess maybe it happens more frequently for us than it would for those who use fitteds. I do really love using wool, though. :)

I use flats with wool too. I can fold wool better than I can a pf so poop gets on the covers less than it would with pfs but it still happens occasionally. My very favorite fold is a kite fold fastened side snapping diaper style with boingos. She was wearing that yesterday under wool, had a poosplosion all over her beautiful NEW freshly lanolized cover and not a speck got on the wool. It was amazing.

Good tips everyone on the washing machine spin. I am always scared to do that for fear of felting or shrinking. My washer spins so fast. But its only hot water that felts right?