Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   So I wonder why CB didn't..... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493613)

AmandaA 02-20-2013 09:58 PM

So I wonder why CB didn't.....

take full advantage of how much die-hard Elemental users love their diapers?

I just don't get it- why wouldn't you announce that the change was coming and then sell the heck out of the old style to the people who want to stock up on them? Sure they'll sell what they had left, but can't help but think that they really missed out on selling a bunch more before they retired the old style?! Seems like they are just going to drive up the price on the resale market, miss out on lots of profits for themselves, and leave a lot of customers really irked that they can't find them or have to pay way to much when they do. After reading the threads here and a couple of other places on the web, seems like more people are dissapointed with the changes than are happy about them. So it isn't like old Elemental users are just going to switch over to the new design and buy those up just because they are "Elementals". Do you think that they really thought that would be the case after making such big changes to the design? :headscratch:

Malka 02-20-2013 10:03 PM

Re: So I wonder why CB didn't.....

If they didn't think that the new style is a change for the better, they wouldn't be making it. If they think its a change for the better, then they wouldn't anticipate a significant run on the old style by people who don't like the new.

mrspopo 02-20-2013 10:59 PM

Yeah I'm surprised by it too. The die-hard BGE lovers are very loyal.

Some people made out like bandits at the dollar diaper sale this weekend. Grabbing dozens for $1 each and many of them are useable as-is or need minor repairs. I'm kicking myself for not going!

Whenever I go to the store in person I see a lot of cloth newbies that really aren't quite sure what they want. I think for this market they might be very popular and appealing. Rarely do I see DS-type mamas in the store that know their stuff. So maybe the change had to do with making a product that is easily marketed to newbies and less about pleasing the people that liked it the way it is? Maybe CB recognizes their leadership in the cloth community and feel obligated to improve and innovate (even when a design is good).

And I agree, the resale value is going to skyrocket. They could have done things so much differently and maximized their profits when the rest of their inventory. The clerk I spoke to said they had just heard about the change a day or two before the big reveal.

mamatoclaire 02-21-2013 12:02 AM

I think they were trying to be fair, they ran the 5 for $95 sale for a long time. It never feels good to pay top dollar for a product and then see the new and improved version come out the next day. You can never make everyone happy, but like PP said they wouldn't have changed it if they didn't think it was an improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Sarah-B 02-21-2013 12:29 AM

Why Didnt they just sell both?

Continue making the 1st elemental and the new elementals call them by a different name

Dancy Baby 02-21-2013 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah-B

Continue making the 1st elemental and the new elementals call them by a different name

I agree! They could have given it a something point 0 name :) sold both for a while and phased out the older style. Or if the new one isn't as popular, kept both!?

c&w's mama 02-21-2013 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamatoclaire (Post 16314259)
I think they were trying to be fair, they ran the 5 for $95 sale for a long time. It never feels good to pay top dollar for a product and then see the new and improved version come out the next day. You can never make everyone happy, but like PP said they wouldn't have changed it if they didn't think it was an improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

thinking this.

hilaryisinked 02-21-2013 07:04 AM

I think because in the past when they've announced something then taken forever to release it we all got mad. So they did like Thirsties does and just released it without all the fuss. I'm glad they did but I wish they'd kept the old style up for everyone to buy them all out.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

gbabies2 02-21-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah-B (Post 16314287)

I agree, I wish they would have done this too :) Just like their Bamboo Fitteds . . . anyone remember those? I loved those things and wish they still made them (especially for little babies). Guess it was not a money maker for them though. Convenience diapers sell better I think.

kalibratx4 02-21-2013 07:48 AM

Someone else mentioned in a pp that maybe they should have called these a FLIP AIO..... because flip lovers might have liked to have a few easy use, diaper bag or daddy diapers. And they really are more like the flip system not an the elemental IMO.