Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Who got pregnant before ppaf? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493674)

robyn_h 02-21-2013 08:25 AM

Who got pregnant before ppaf?

I got pregnant when DS was 17 months old, before ppaf returned. He was still nursing frequently but we had decided to night wean to see if that could induce fertility. It worked! I am wondering how common this is. How old was your baby when you conceived?

The situation made me very nervous in the beginning because I didn't know how far along I was. I was trying to chart but didn't have experience with nfp, and I didn't have any obvious signs of ovulation. If you didn't have a Lmp to date by, was your edd still relatively accurate? Mine is based on ultrasound, but I am not worried because as long as I don't go past 42 weeks my midwife will not pressure me to do anything. I am still kind of in shock that I got pregnant before getting ppaf. Lol.

DesertRat 02-21-2013 09:31 AM

Re: Who got pregnant before ppaf?

I did, but my babies were 12 months apart! Due date was based off an early u/s as well.

cdeweese 02-21-2013 12:41 PM

Me!!! Mine are 4 days shy of a year apart :) My EDD was also by ultrasound and I had DS at 38 weeks, same as DD.

EmilytheStrange 02-21-2013 01:31 PM

I did not, but my friend did. By the time they figured out she was pregnant, she was 18weeks/4months along. Baby is now 1 month old. Her older child is now 18 months.

keen1981 02-21-2013 01:32 PM

Me! :) my two older boys are 18 months apart. It was a shocker to see that positive!!

robyn_h 02-21-2013 07:41 PM

After waiting for so long I felt like ppaf would never show. We were ntnp for 6 months before I had any signs of fertility. It seems more common among moms with younger babies. I am glad now that we didn't get pregnant earlier. Lol.

EmilytheStrange 02-21-2013 08:23 PM

I'm pretty sure that EBF only actually 'protects' for like 6 months max.

congrats on your pregnancy :)

ktmelody 02-21-2013 08:25 PM

I did. My oldest girls are 12 months apart.

I also didnt have a ppaf between 4 and 5. They are 16 months apart.

allisonmartin 02-21-2013 08:39 PM

Me. No PPAF and I'm still EBFing DD, as I was when I got pregnant. I have an estimated due date of mid to late October, but were doing labs to try to pin point my edd(I'm passing on the ultrasound for now).

mommyshanti 02-22-2013 09:20 AM

just means you had perfect timing as your ppaf was on it's way lol.
I always did random prego tests so I would have some sort of idea of edd. but if I had no idea then I would go off us.
after my 3rd ppaf didn't want to show up till around 16m. didin't have as perfect timing as you :) so was prego next af after:)
I'm happy for that though as I know exactly when I conceived. Same with this one except didn't get ppaf until around 20m. then + 2m. after:) Congrats on the babe:)