Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Sturdies Diapers (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493713)

Lulu12 02-21-2013 11:05 AM

Sturdies Diapers

** Should say sturdiest

For those of you who have used cloth for several years on several children, what do you think are the sturdiest diapers out there? What are the least sturdy? Just curious in terms of elastic lasting, PUL holding up and diapers not getting holes in them.

I line dry the covers, or outside part of the pocket diaper and AIO/2 but I toss inserts and prefolds in the dryer.

cajsmommy 02-21-2013 12:10 PM

Re: Sturdies Diapers

Motherease diapers and covers are very sturdy and high quality. So are Bummis super whisper wraps. Chinese prefolds also last forever. Indian PF last pretty long too if not abused too badly.

Least sturdy that I've used would have to be Kushies Ultra aios (with the poly coated vinyl outer)-but they aren't as popular now anymore with PUL becoming more readily used. Cheap gerber pull on vinyl pants don't las either. I've also had trouble with some china cheapy diapers and covers not holding up at all. Other's have had good luck with them though so I think with those it's the luck of the draw, but at least in some cases, you get what you pay for. All my BG products and FBs tend to last an average of 15-20 months (in a large rotation but used regularily) before the PUL starts cracking. I consider the last two good quality, but I really can't see them realistically lasting more than one child at most.

sandrc 02-21-2013 12:53 PM

happy hiney pockets are sturdy to me. i've been using some that were used before me for over a year now and they are still going strong with little wear shown.
i used them almost 8 years ago on my older DD also and i bought them all used and used them and abused them and they all held up great. i've yet to have the elastic go bad on one the velcro does wear out eventually but i'm usually done with them by the time that happens.
bummis super whisper wraps are great covers and of course flats and prefolds.

lalalion 02-21-2013 01:15 PM

Prefolds are pretty much indestructible. I like Capri covers, but they haven't been around long enough to know if they can hold up over many years of use :)

mothergooseofthree 02-21-2013 05:10 PM

I have some Chinese prefolds that went through two kids and have been used as my main cleaning towels for about six years, and they are just starting to wear through the edges some. I could probably diaper another baby with them if needed though they aren't pretty.

Motherease diapers last forever, and they have a lifetime guarantee on their snaps and elastic. I also have an Airflow cover that someone threw in free with a purchase once. It arrived with the binding worn off in most areas, and the inside is completely yellowed. I used it overnight for two toddlers with no leaks ever, and the elastic is still in tact. I have had it stowed away with some prefolds and a snappi as an emergency diaper when my sis or friends forget diapers when visiting.

parterasd 02-21-2013 05:23 PM

Another vote for mother ease.

March 02-21-2013 05:30 PM

Most of my FBPS are 3.5 years old and in perfect shape.

Skybaby712 02-21-2013 07:41 PM

I totally agree with Motherease fitteds and airflows (haven't tried the AIOs) and pfs. Those things last FOREVER.

lrgs 02-21-2013 08:19 PM

I agree with prefolds and Motherease diapers..........my Bummis Super Whisper Wraps gave me a good run.....diapered 2 babies with them and they were still going, the aplix was tattered but snaps would have solved that issue. Obviously anything with PUL, elastics and aplix is not going to last as long as straight cotton, etc.