Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Potty Training (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   Pee'd out of a disposable! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493822)

crunchyNurseMommy 02-21-2013 02:33 PM

Pee'd out of a disposable!

My son is a heavy heavy wetter! At home I set the timer & he can pee every 20-39 minutes (more frequently in the morning).
At church child care his class is about 2 hours long & he was leaking out of every cloth diaper I sent him in. So I switched to disposables because I was tired of wet pants. Well today he leaked out of a pull-up disposable!!!
Argh! I am at a loss for what to do? Planning to just pack pants from now on! (I will say, I am relieved it wasn't just the cloth we are using!)

MaterofJacob 02-21-2013 03:02 PM

Re: Pee'd out of a disposable!

Oh man, that IS a heavy wetter! Is he in the midst of potty training? The only thing I can think of would be to ask the care taker to take him to the bathroom at least once or twice during church...

EmilytheStrange 02-21-2013 08:53 PM

I'd get whatever you're using at night? and put him in that for church.

We use organic cotton liners at night and at church. They work super well.

beyond that, you can try a sposie inside of a cloth diaper? A friend of mine does that for nighttimes because she has a super heavy wetter.

luvsviola 02-21-2013 09:36 PM

Pullups are not very absorbent. They are meant to contain one pee, and not more. DS pees through them regularly. I would use a regular diaper or a night disposable instead.

fabulousmindy 02-21-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvsviola
Pullups are not very absorbent. They are meant to contain one pee, and not more. DS pees through them regularly. I would use a regular diaper or a night disposable instead.

Maybe a Huggins overnight diaper for church, they hold a lot!

crunchyNurseMommy 03-07-2013 04:35 PM

Pee'd out of disposables last 2 naps!!! Loosing my noodle here!!!!

fun moma to two 03-07-2013 04:38 PM

wow, never heard of that!

SamanthaSews 03-07-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy
Pee'd out of disposables last 2 naps!!! Loosing my noodle here!!!!

It happens. Try going up a size, if a larger size is available.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

sandhillcranes 03-23-2013 06:55 PM

My son can pee out of a sposie pull up. He was doing it every night for a long time. We tried everything under the sun. He will still have accidents at night...one thing tht works well for us is undies UNDER a sposie pull up. For whatever reason it helps. I think bc the cotton pulls the moisture into the diaper(?) but we have much less of a problem now. Now, when he wets, it usually isnt on the sheets. He also wakes up when he wets bc he can feel the wet underwear. That keeps him from having two accidents which was causing bad leaks.

carriek38 03-23-2013 07:22 PM

If cost is a concern, the WalMart night sposies are pretty good. IMO they run a bit smaller than the Huggies, so if your DS is at the top of the weight band, size up, but they do work nearly as well as the Huggies. My DD is a super heavy wetter as well, & started having overnight leaks more ofen than not with both the WM & Huggies ON sposies. We've started getting her up to potty when we go up to bed. It's better than the 3 or 4 am screaming "I'm wet! I'm wet! I pee-peed!" & DD prefers waking up dry or nearly dry, so she reminds us at bed time to get her up.

As far as the church concern...how long does he normally hold it? I mean, DD was always a super soaker, but part of our PTing challenges were b/c she'd hold it for sometimes upwards of 4 hrs, then flood whatever she had on if she couldn't get to the toilet in time. Going every 20-40 min & still wetting through both cloth and sposies (not concerned about pull-ups, they don't hold much) seems like a lot. Like, more than normal kind of a lot. Does he drink and exceptional amount? Your options are really to add more absorbency (the ON diapers are good, & you can order lay-in sposie boosters through TRU/BRU), work with him on holding it longer, or toileting a couple of times during the 2 hrs.