Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Opinions on Fuzzi Bunz Onesize Elites (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493833)

happy2beamom 02-21-2013 03:00 PM

Opinions on Fuzzi Bunz Onesize Elites

I have the opportunity to buy some used ones, but i don't have any experience with them. I have read the reviews on the FB site, but i want some honest reviews form here :blush:

If you've used them, did you like them? At what age/size did you use them?

How do they compare to the sized ones? (i used s, m, and petite with my last 2 - but smalls only lasted about 8 weeks).

Jcurrie 02-21-2013 03:11 PM

I found the leg elastics difficult to adjust for a good fit. I never really got a good fit for my son with them and eventually sold them. I tried them when my son was 12 to 16 lbs. They are the only diaper that my son ever had blowouts with. They were really trim and I wanted to love them!

happy2beamom 02-21-2013 03:44 PM

Re: Opinions on Fuzzi Bunz Onesize Elites

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcurrie (Post 16316931)
I found the leg elastics difficult to adjust for a good fit. I never really got a good fit for my son with them and eventually sold them. I tried them when my son was 12 to 16 lbs. They are the only diaper that my son ever had blowouts with. They were really trim and I wanted to love them!

Oh gosh :banghead: I was hoping that since the leg elastic was adjustable it would be better! DS and DD both had the awkward time between small and medium and then medium and petite because the legs were gaping (but the smaller size the rise was too short and explosions came out the back). I thought this might work better.

Is there a difference between just the onesize and the elite? or is it the same thing? :headscratch:

March 02-21-2013 04:16 PM

Different generations of the same product. Several key differences, but same concept.

I love the Elite and have several tricks up my sleeve to make it fit ANY baby. You just have to understand how it works spatially. People want to tighten the leg elastic to get a seal around the legs, but that's not at all how it works. That adjusts the rise, and is PART of how you get the fit around the legs, but you have to know how to adjust the waist elastic (in the back) and make the best use of the snaps, too. I can fit these on any baby, though, I promise! I've done it before for fed-up moms who thought these diapers "just didn't work" for their babies. Many people experience compression leaks with these because they don't let the elastic out far enough and then use waist settings properly to get the seal around the legs.

These were underwear trim on my kids! Trimmer than disposables, honestly. I truly love them.

QuartzandPyrite 02-21-2013 04:32 PM

I bought one when my son was about 7 months old and used it until 14 months in a rotation with mostly Charlie Banana pockets. I like the look of it and the absorbency was good, but I thought it ran a little small and I liked the quality of the materials in the Charlie Banana better. They are very similar products, although the minky dries faster and the FB is narrower through the crotch. Makes for a slim fit but difficult to stuff. :twocents:

lady longs 02-21-2013 04:41 PM

I love my fbos elites....

You will probably hear a lot of people say that they're difficult to stuff - so they sold them off. I don't have other pockets to compare them to and I am sure they are more difficult to stuff than other pockets. But, I have timed myself 3 times now and it only takes me 5 minutes to stuff 20 diapers. So, while they may be more difficult to stuff than other brands, they really don't take that long. 15 minutes a week. Not bad

I have stuffed a thirsties hemp insert in it, a gmd flat, and an infant prefold. So, I have found some pretty thick things that will fit in it.

They're super trim. I mean super super trim.

They fit my newborn at 2 weeks - would have fit (size wise) at birth, but they ran into her cord. So, I waited until the cord fell off and the stump dried up. This made them super economical - I just used sposies for those first 2 weeks.

I am using 2 inserts most of the time. My daughter soaks thru the small minky insert pretty quickly - but she has soaked thru a gmd flat, a prefold, and thirsties hemp insert in record time. So, I don't think it is the minky - I think she may be a super soaker.

The minky is soft, cleans great, and doesn't stain.

amandact 02-21-2013 04:47 PM

I ended up with 2 of these used and I really like them, in terms of pockets we have mostly bg. We get a good fit on my long skinny dd and the elastic seems to have a longer life. I've only had them about a month but I find bg elastic loosens after just a couple months. Not sure if it is my washing routine but I replace way too much. I also like that you replace the elastic without sewing.

Malka 02-21-2013 04:49 PM

I have one that I got as a freebie. The fit is great. But it's so narrow and hard to stuff. Combined with sticky PUL and minky inserts that want to stick to the PUL, its nearly impossible to stuff. I also don't think the minky inserts wick the wetness as well as cotton does, and its hard to find anything else that will fit to stuff it with. As a single diaper in my stash I'm willing to put up with it, but I would never want a stash of these.

March 02-21-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malka
I have one that I got as a freebie. The fit is great. But it's so narrow and hard to stuff. Combined with sticky PUL and minky inserts that want to stick to the PUL, its nearly impossible to stuff. I also don't think the minky inserts wick the wetness as well as cotton does, and its hard to find anything else that will fit to stuff it with. As a single diaper in my stash I'm willing to put up with it, but I would never want a stash of these.

They have a cotton linen organic insert made to fit in the Elite. :)

jennayoung99 02-21-2013 05:06 PM

I prefer the old style fbos, but I do have about 20 ish fb elites and they work great. I don't use the minky inserts tho i stuff with flats.