Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Growing Greens Organic Cotton fitted (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493889)

Jackalopekat 02-21-2013 07:29 PM

Growing Greens Organic Cotton fitted

Anyone have an idea of how durable these are? I got one to sample and it is SO SOFT and wonderful. 100% made in USA. I'd love to get some more. The only thing stopping me is questions of durability. It's a one-size fitted and pretty expensive, so it needs to last. It honestly feels like cashmere and not cotton. I love it. Hubby said it's so soft it "can't be durable." Hrmph.

MomBecks 02-21-2013 08:41 PM

Re: Growing Greens Organic Cotton fitted

Have you washed it yet? After they're prepped they feel more fleecy less velvety. I've had mine a good year and it doesn't seem any worse for they wear! I love the company and the fact that they use US grown organic cotton! They're really gentle on chubby legs too!

mrspopo 02-21-2013 09:01 PM

I picked up a box at a garage sale over a year ago with growing greens and ecobaby organic cotton fitteds. Based on the age of the kids, she said these diapers were around 6 years old with heavy use!

The elastic was absolutely shot on all of them. Lots of holes and wear on the fabric. But surprisingly fairly soft and sturdy. I sold the growing greens and was also going to sell the ecobabys but never got around to it. They actually wound up in rotation and I LOVE them. With shot elastic they have nothing but airflow. They aren't super absorbent, but for our use as an in-home diaper coverless they are perfect.

Jackalopekat 02-21-2013 11:16 PM

Thanks for the responses. I haven't washed mine yet - I'll prep it tomorrow and see what comes out! Glad to hear they still hold up ok after a year and even after the elastic dies. If they are still nice and soft I may go with several more.

Earthy Momma 02-22-2013 12:09 AM

they are insanely soft before preppig but that wil fade, as far as quality/durability they are GREAT!!! i loved mine on DD this time around i just prefer a fuller cut diaper... they are really great though!

AMK 08-29-2013 11:34 AM

I have 9 of these that I got second hand. So far they are my favorite of my organic cotton fitteds!!

kinderreruns 08-29-2013 11:51 AM

I like the fit and softness but did not think they held as much as other diapers. This shocked me for I have the hemp/cotton. I wanted to "love them" but I just like them and sold many off. With that said, I like the hemp/cotton doublers for a little extra absorbancy without the bulk. I have both the older style (slightly larger) and the newer ones.