Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In June (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Hypnobabies (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1494190)

alyxmegan 02-22-2013 05:54 PM

Hypnobabies

Anyone else doing a natural birth using hypnobabies?
I am also doing a water birth :)

tricia17lee 02-23-2013 12:43 PM

I am. I need to get my hypnobabies stuff out and start practicing. I'm hoping for a water birth as well.

alyxmegan 02-23-2013 03:38 PM

I am in a hypnobabies class and its great. I was terrified of birth until I started the class. Being surrounded by such positive stories is great!

nettepoet 02-25-2013 08:12 PM

Re: Hypnobabies

ive never done hypnobabies but ive heard great things about it!

this is baby #3 for me and ive had two natural (no drugs, no interventions) births- one dry and one water at home. im undecided about home or birthing center for this one, but it will definitely be a water birth again!

lina81 02-25-2013 08:18 PM

I did Bradley last time and I'm considering Hypnobabies this time. I've heard great things about it and a class is being offered close to me. The hard part would be arranging childcare so that my husband could attend too...

I'd love to do a water birth too :) I was in labor so long last time that they wouldn't let me stay in the tub, but maybe this time!

gingerpeachee 02-25-2013 09:18 PM

The class is almost $400 around here. I think I might purchase the home study set on e bay or something

alyxmegan 02-26-2013 08:13 AM

It was 200 for me but the closest class is a 2 hour drive so the teacher gave me a discount. I think the home study would have been just as good. The only advantage of the class is meeting people who are taking the same route as you

Phaedramekko 03-03-2013 11:19 PM

The cheapest class is $300 so I will not be taking a class. I have heard great things though. Maybe you could look into cheaper options online. With dd1's birth I did a lot of spiritual midwifery reading. I was so calm and quiet during labor and delivery. I just focused on the task at hand and remembered that stress can regress. I also focused on breathing. I was in my own world and can not remember what was going on around me. I wanted a natural birth and I had one. It was in a hospital though. I was unable to find a midwife that will work with me because dd came at 36 weeks and I had a miscarriage in the past. The birth center would not accept me either. If I carry this baby to term I will be doing an unassisted home birth. The hospital will
Not let me take my placenta because it has to go to pathology. Water birth is illegal in my state so if I birth at home it will be in the tub. Sorry for the rant but I do not want to go back to that hospital. That actually has me stressed,lol.

alyxmegan 03-04-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaedramekko
The cheapest class is $300 so I will not be taking a class. I have heard great things though. Maybe you could look into cheaper options online. With dd1's birth I did a lot of spiritual midwifery reading. I was so calm and quiet during labor and delivery. I just focused on the task at hand and remembered that stress can regress. I also focused on breathing. I was in my own world and can not remember what was going on around me. I wanted a natural birth and I had one. It was in a hospital though. I was unable to find a midwife that will work with me because dd came at 36 weeks and I had a miscarriage in the past. The birth center would not accept me either. If I carry this baby to term I will be doing an unassisted home birth. The hospital will
Not let me take my placenta because it has to go to pathology. Water birth is illegal in my state so if I birth at home it will be in the tub. Sorry for the rant but I do not want to go back to that hospital. That actually has me stressed,lol.

A water birth is illegal?!? How terrible. I hope you can find a midwife to do a home birth with!

cheetah mommy 03-06-2013 01:06 PM

I did the hypnobabies home study with #3 - delivered in the hospital. I am using it again this time around. I loved the experience! So much better than the previous. I remember the dr asking to check me and saying I was 8cm. Everyone (including myself) was surprissed! It is a true girft.