Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Labor, Delivery & Postpartum (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   What's the longest your postpartum bleeding lasted? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1494770)

Harmony96 02-25-2013 07:52 AM

What's the longest your postpartum bleeding lasted?

With my other three kids, I was completely done with spotting and everything by a month, tops. It didn't matter if it was a vaginal delivery or a c-section delivery (and in fact, with my c-section, I actually bled more and for longer during pregnancy than I did after delivery). DS3 is 8 weeks old today and I am STILL spotting, with occasional (once every 2-4 days) tiny gushes (like 1/2 tsp or less) of bright red blood. I'm beyond ready to be done with this.

FernHollow 02-25-2013 07:58 AM

Re: What's the longest your postpartum bleeding lasted?

Unfortunately that can be normal from what I understand. I had that after my 4th (my first VBAC after a c/s with #3) and I finally had it stop around 9 weeks I think. There was nothing wrong at all, it was just my normal. It was really frustrating. :hugs:

mabelinoad 02-25-2013 07:59 AM

:( my longest was 5wks

Ignore typos...probably nursing, typing with one finger on my left hand while wrangling two toddlers. yeah, I'm that good.

abunchoflemons 02-25-2013 08:04 AM

i'm still going on my third as he was both feb4. but others I think at least 6 weeks. kind of forgot....

MDever 02-25-2013 08:10 AM

With dd3 it was just over 11 weeks. I was under an extreme amount of stress and not eating or sleeping though.

my2sweets 02-25-2013 08:31 AM

10wks It was a medium/heavyish flow almost the entire time. It slowed for 2-3 days around 6wks but then picked back up. Then right at 10wks it slowed to just spotting for 3days then finally stopped.

Almacham 02-25-2013 01:31 PM

I want to say six weeks, with my 2nd child. It was two weeks with my first and third and nine days with my fourth.

Harmony96 02-26-2013 07:43 AM

It's the heaviest today it's been in over five weeks! Definitely mentioning this to my midwife when she comes over tomorrow.

ChrisandAmanda 02-26-2013 07:47 AM

I never bleed for more than 3 or 4 weeks. But im 6.5 wks pp now and still bleeding :(

Harmony96 02-26-2013 08:36 AM

My MW called to confirm my appointment for tomorrow and asked if I'd decided if I wanted a pap or not, so I mentioned the bleeding to her. She's going to do an internal and also wants me to take daily RRL.